White dot negative or positive

I am working on two Audiosource AMP TWO amps and the board marking seem wrong
all the positive leads are marked with a white dot, I thought that meant negative. am I wrong ?
check out all three blue caps in the picture

DSC07214.JPG

just guessing
May be the +ve and -ve sign gets confused with alphaneumeric text ? The white blob may also be of traditional assembly method/sequence of placing components. Or may be the assemblers are following old methods of markings and dont want to change. The Jumpers also has white blobs.
1715427272355.png

The unwritten convention is that the marking sign (can be a blob, strip or anything else) is on the - side for wet Ecaps, and + for solid types, like tantalum.
When there is no explicit polarity mark visible, the right of the text is the positive and the left is negative.
The silkscreen of the PCB is probably suited to tantalum caps

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2014
Paid Member
Most HP test equipment, and several other manufacturers, uses a small dot on the solder side to indicate the positive terminal. While capacitors are typically marked as per @Elvee above, the PCB markings are just about always marked to show the positive terminal.

Hal

Reactions: 1 user
just guessing
May be the +ve and -ve sign gets confused with alphaneumeric text ? The white blob may also be of traditional assembly method/sequence of placing components. Or may be the assemblers are following old methods of markings and dont want to change. The Jumpers also has white blobs.
View attachment 1309013
IF large caps and jumpers hace white dots, maybe they are assembly reminders.
Say 90% of board is machine assembled, and large or inconvenient componentsre later added by hand.
White dots help not missing one ore more by mistake.
Just thinking aloud.

Reactions: 1 users