While I get my supex fixed.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since this photo I've wall mounted the Rega.
Still, not much to look at for now.
I bought the right headphones.
About cartridges, though:
the more I think of it, the more I want to try a salsa cartridge.
Getting the supex fixed now might be all fine but I should really be getting out there and trying different ones...even on my budget I reckon I could buy one MC a year.
It's a matter of swapping my free time for a part time job.
And it's my hobby, I'm LOCKED INTO IT!!!
:bigeyes:

Attachments

• system (medium).jpg
    system (medium).jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 228
GlidingDutchman said:
Planarboy...

Guess what - I use a Rega RB300 arm on my turntable and it works a treat.
Oh, so is that a salsa on the 300?
Does everyone scratch the paint out of the cart hole bit on rega arms?
I did too! And sanded the paint off the bottom of it.
I'd love to try doing some of them mods to it myself, beadblasting and hole drilling, I'm getting a Michell VTA and a pete riggle end stub and weight for it and I'd better just leave it alone after that.

planarboy said:

Oh, so is that a salsa on the 300?
Does everyone scratch the paint out of the cart hole bit on rega arms?
I did too! And sanded the paint off the bottom of it.
I'd love to try doing some of them mods to it myself, beadblasting and hole drilling, I'm getting a Michell VTA and a pete riggle end stub and weight for it and I'd better just leave it alone after that.

No... that is a heavy modded Ortofon MC30S on that picture of the RB300 + SME 3012 arm.

I have a variety of cartridges:

Ortofon Rondo Blue (my stalwart)
Ortofon MC30S (modded)
Ortofon Salsa
Ortofon SL15 (salsa's grandfather)
Linn K18
Audio Technica AT33PTG
B&O SP6 (universal)
Kiseki Purpleheart S

See attachment for Salsa on RB300

Attachments

• 2008_02_28 016sml.jpg
    2008_02_28 016sml.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 223
GlidingDutchman said:
You'll love the Salsa... I am astounded by this bright orange little pickup...! ;)

GD
well i can't wait to try it then...should have it in 2 weeks tops, if it's in stock.
Then maybe in the second half of this year I will fix the supex.
My next bunch of stuff coming is pete riggle endstub and weight, and a michell vta.
I just paid for them then.
I'm still using the stock mat too.

:rolleyes:

had a look, bookmarked.
It's something I'll probably try, I could get a carbon one for $300...or I could be remembered as a somewhat sane person.
Hundred dollar upgrades are definitely in reach, some of the upgrades I want just because they look good, I'm sure.
But they keep their value real well, don't they?
In the end my rega will be able to sell for quite a bit regardless of whether the upgrades work.
So. I learn and expirement in the Rega sandpit, then sell it when I want something better. Rega definitely seems to be limited by its bearing, AC motor and plinth, all the upgrades in the world just might be useless with this factor in mind. Apart from the learning.
Whatever happens, I'll keep the arm:)

great.
now my supex is completely dead.
I got home from work and put a record on and the arm just went buuuuurrrrr across the record.
Cantilever/stylus: gone.
time to get a salsa.
and lock my record room.
what a disaster. I havent even asked anyone about it yet.
im just sitting here, a little rigid, posting this, with a warm, not nice, feeling welling up in my chest

planarboy said:
great.
now my supex is completely dead.
I got home from work and put a record on and the arm just went buuuuurrrrr across the record.
Cantilever/stylus: gone.
time to get a salsa.
and lock my record room.
what a disaster. I havent even asked anyone about it yet.
im just sitting here, a little rigid, posting this, with a warm, not nice, feeling welling up in my chest

Oh no!!! I'll go on a killing rampage.... !

Get the Salsa or also have a look at the Denon DL110 - I am surprised at the Denon's price versus performance ratio! Great...

GD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.