Which woofer does 30-1000 Hz / JBL 2235A Equivalent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have used it. It is nothing like a 2235 in my opinion. The Xmax is also only a third of that of a 2235 (3mm!)

Well, this is one of the 15" drivers that did the best job filling the shoes/holes after the old JBL2235 in my friends system. Not exactly like, but mainly the same sound-character.

About Xmax; voicecoil overhang 3mm = +/-3mm = 6mm linear travel. No problem as long as you know how to do a ported system. But IF your amp looses the grip X-damage is 22mm for the 2235 & 28mm for the 15B100R.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The B&C DE 250 has a recommended crossover frequency of 1.6 KHz... Even if, say, the suggested AE woofer can go that high, won't it be severely beaming?

Geddes uses it down to around 900....And collapsing directivity isnt all as bad as people seem to think. Many times I find beter results with larger (15 inch) woofers than I have smaller ones, many of which could USE a little collapsing directivity. See Wayne Parnham's views over on His PI speaker site.
russellc

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.