which turntable is good for parts ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
promitheus,

would be a waste, maybe you find an old Micro Seiki, they had bearings worth of re-using. But then, you have to turn the conical bore into the platter of your choice; i doubt you'll like the ringy alu platter from Micro.

Why not order a platter / bearing from Thomas Scheu? www.scheu-analog.de if i remember right.

Quite another suggestion: you use the valve cartridge (bushing and piston ) of a hydraulic valve as platter bearing; the gap between piston and bushing is just as you need it and more precise than needed. Of course, the pieces have to be modified, turned and milled, to allow a trust plate to be built in.

And have yourself a platter made from vinyl / PVC (maybe you glue it together from old vinyl records?) and have a mechanic cut you a center hole apropriate for the valve cartridge's outer dimensions.
PVC comes black and grey and red in plates up to 50mm thickness.

Motor: i know a local surplus shop which has maxon motors cheap, heaps of them. Just what you need. And i have pulleys made for them soon as i need them myself and as another member asked me for them.
LM317 or L200 series reg for power supply and there you go.

But honestly, if you are new in mechanical DIY, better order a Scheu. Success and satisfaction guaranteed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.