Which TB fullrange 6" to 8" CC in small BR enclosure?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Unsmoothed data taken in an anechoic chamber with professional class equipment.

attachment.php

dave

Attachments

• A102-FR.gif
    A102-FR.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 279
no dave you misunderstood or i was unclear. Marks measurements are honest warts n all, but arent too bad. I was referring to linked Brines measurements. These follow the general trend, and i agree that they show alot of combing.

Sergeloc, i would imagine a simple 1st order LP placed around 5k would correct the on axix rise, whilst maintaining the favourable off axis hehavior. Should you wish to do such a thing, that is.

Last edited:
wow i dont much like the HF above 5k on those measurements...

That's whay I see too:(

Yeah, I can't believe the top end is that ragged.
That's a gated measurement?
Maybe if the measurement was taken an inch away, because it looks like comb filtering :confused:

Have any of you gentlemen actually listened to music on these drivers in an average domestic environment?

and y'all can save the time advising correction of my tone / perceived attitude - I already know I'm an obstreperous prick (even if I need to spell check the word)

Get over your defensive attitude, it wasnt a critique, or personal attack.

Likewise, i'm sure! What part of my post was a personal attack, and the response wasn't even aimed at you. My response was to all of those who demand "raw" data as if 1/3 octave plots are hiding something. They are not. Psychoacoustics is a mature science. Our ears smooth volume to about 1/3 octave and 1/3 octave plots are representative of what we actually here. Case in point: Look at an in-room FR plot below 200Hz. It never actually sounds that bad, does it?

Bob

Have any of you gentlemen actually listened to music on these drivers in an average domestic environment?

and y'all can save the time advising correction of my tone / perceived attitude - I already know I'm an obstreperous prick (even if I need to spell check the word)

We are not commenting on the sound of the driver, or the way it truly measures. We are referring to Mr. Brines measurements.
Please reread the details and progression of the last few posts.

My response was to all of those who demand "raw" data as if 1/3 octave plots are hiding something. They are not. Psychoacoustics is a mature science. Our ears smooth volume to about 1/3 octave and 1/3 octave plots are representative of what we actually here. Case in point: Look at an in-room FR plot below 200Hz. It never actually sounds that bad, does it?

Bob

I completely agree.

We are not commenting on the sound of the driver, or the way it truly measures. We are referring to Mr. Brines measurements.
Please reread the details and progression of the last few posts.

Thanks - after re-reading all posts in this thread (twice) I still don't see an answer to my snarky question 4 posts above. For those that couldn't give a rip (i.e. myself for one) as to where/by whom / how measurements may have been made, who among the posters in this thread have heard the 10.2s? Should someone reading this thread need to search for all posts by others to answer that simple question?

I know of 3 who have for sure.

Just go with the alpair 10.2
It's about the same size and it's a proven driver with some independent measurements.
That TB is way overpriced and unproven.

It's well proven
Perfect Line ungefaltet Bausatz - Lautsprecherbau von blue planet acoustic
Bausatz Omnes Horn 6 - Lautsprecherbau von blue planet acoustic
and you can not talk about overpriced if you haven't heard them.

this is overpriced
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTEC-755A-LOUDSPEAKER-PAIR-EXACT-MATCH-2-9-DCR-CLEAN-AR1-/170920829896

Last edited:

I was speaking of independent measurements.
I don't see any measurements on the sites you listed,
nor any reviews for that matter, not that I would care too much about those anyway. (I like measurements) :cool:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.