Which T-amp for Dynaudio bm15p Studio Monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I search for the best option to power Dynaudio bm15p monitors.
This monitors are not very evicient.

Relevant monitor specs are:
IEC Long term powerhandling 250W
IEC Short term powerhandling >1000W
Sensitivity 88 dB
Impedance Nominal 4 ohm
Impedance HF (200 kHz) 5,9 ohm(what does that mean?)

I want to buy one of the hifimediy amps for this but i am not shure which one is better.

1)This one has 2x100W@4Ohm:
Hifimediy T2 SE STA510A MUNDORF MCAP

2)This one has 2x300W@4ohm
Hifimediy T3S mcap

Id love to hear your opinions!
With kind regards,
Manuel

Hi,
Thanks for your answeres!
I also think I will get the T3s with mcap from Hifimediy.

Then i have two questiones about it.
1.)I will need to adjust the volume, and there is no pot. What kind of pot do i need to buy for this, and is it difficoult to solder it in?

2.)And what powersupply should i get?
I heared good things about this Meanwell:
Meanwell NES 350W 48V

And I heared this one is also good:
SMPS300R 48V 110V power supply

Would the two fit?

With kind regards,
Manuel

Hi Sreten.

The figure I quoted comes from the Dynaudio D-260 spec sheet. It says that it can handle 130Watts and 1kW peaks (10ms). Seems high. But then again: my experience to date with Dynaudio is that it can take some real abuse before compressing or overloading. No idea about real world wattage numbers, though.

Attachments

• Dynaudio ESOTEC D-260.png
    Dynaudio ESOTEC D-260.png
    961.6 KB · Views: 199
Hi Sreten.

The figure I quoted comes from the Dynaudio D-260 spec sheet. It says that it can handle 130Watts and 1kW peaks (10ms). Seems high. But then again: my experience to date with Dynaudio is that it can take some real abuse before compressing or overloading. No idea about real world wattage numbers, though.

130W rms refers to wideband pink noise through a standard filter to the tweeter.

I m looking for same thing , powering a passive studio monitor with diy amp but i m more interested in A class rather than D class , but I m still searchin about that , I m not sure if you need a preamp or a buffer before your amp, better ask the guys around here for that , and how are you gonna connect it to your interface ? I think if you r goin to use Balanced output from your audio interface it s better if you use a balanced/unbalanced converter , i m not sure about that either :D just to keep that in mind and ask the guys about that as well , I ll be glad if somebody answer these questions ;)

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.