Which Fender Deluxe Circuit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this string. I have actually remodeled an old Bell Sound Labs 2122-B amplifier. After much searching I found the schematics on Fender 5A3 which has the same exact tube setup, at first I tried to only modify the first preamp stage and nothing else. This didn't work so well, but I learned much. I eventually through several weeks of experimentation and much education, I re-wired the entire thing using the original schematic and the 5A3 Deluxe. With just a couple of minor variations. I found a very good senior physics project by James Milsk and Gabe Jacome. Where they made a study of the Fender deluxe and some of it's inherent problems with the original designs. I intend on utilizing some of their mods, to increase headroom, de-couple the 6V6's cathodes and possibly a negative feedback loop from the PI to the Output transformer. Anyone interested in what they have to offer should find their project easily with Google. Now, my question is this, the original Bell amp, has two 6SC7's, I gave up trying to merge two different schematics together when I realized that I just didn't have enough knowledge yet to do what I wanted. The Bell amp only used the first gain stage for two Mag, (I think these are Mag type phonograph)connections, similar to the Bassman. The Bassman, however uses a different two tube rectifier system. How would I go about using the additional 6SC7, possibly for an additional gain channel, If I connect it similar to the Bassman what additional changes would I need to make to the PI and/or first pre-amp stage. I intend on using only one input connection versus, two like the original Tweeds, Deluxe and Bassman. I really appreciate any information I get from here from the people with more knowledge in this area. Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.