Which components to use for pass aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Ik ga de mosfets of bij audiofabriek kopen of bij de gene die de pcb leverd. Hij wil ze eventueel ook gematched verkopen. Sorrie dat ik zo laat reageer trouwens. Ben even weg geweest. Wat de prijs betreft. Dat maakt weinig uit. Zijn in beide gevallen even duur. Het enige wat ik nog wil weten is of ze alle 24 gematched moeten zijn. Of bv 2 x een groep van 12. Ook de andere te gebruiken mosfets moeten gematched zijn. Maar weet nog niet volgens welke toleranties en hoe.

Als jij nog ideen of een leuk adresje weet, hoor ik het graag. Op internet zijn ze ook via mouser te koop. Maar dan helaas niet gematched. Als hun me kunnen garanderen dat ze uit dezelfde batch komen is het prijs technisch wel intressant.

gr

Groups of 6.
Main theme is that each in a bank of six has identical dissipation, so that one does not run much hotter than it's neighbor. (a matched batch of 12 will be mucho expensive)

IRFP = Plastic, IRF244 = TO3, the plastic package is easier to work with. IRFP240 or IRFP244 makes no difference, the Vishay/Harris part has a theoretical input capacitance advantage.

Last edited:
I would not agree with what you are saying about electrolytes. If one does not put enough attention to them (for instance to input cap, NFB cap, modulated current source cap, and power supply caps), typical consequence is that LM3886 gives more clear sound than Aleph (as I remember this was found also by Peter Daniel). Even if NFB electrolyte or Aleph current source cap is of top quality, decent polyprop shunting cap is appreciated. Few years ago I was discouraged with my Zen4, assembled with no name electrolytes, since it sounded less transparent than LM3886 chip amp. This fact would immediately give rise to a question why do you need those big and expensive aluminium radiators.

Hello ,
I would love to hear more on why you had better results with LM3886?

Hello ,
I would love to hear more on why you had better results with LM3886?

No, I do not state that LM3886 is more transparent or better, finally I have got better sound from both Zen4 and especially from Zen9 than 3886, but only after I have put best available electrolytes and film shunts to Zen schematics. Upgraded in power and tweaked in capacitors Zen9 is really a dream of an audiophile. So, good Zen is an expensive amp, while 3886 possibly provide best quality/price ratio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.