Where to find a nice looking enclosure/chassis/case ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ATI cases

The quality of ATI cases is quite high as is the integrity of the company. Arthon is a pleasure to deal with and will work with you. The only problem I have had is the high shipping costs and lack of options. I have been using the all clear anodized cases and really like their look and feel. They use high quality materials and this shows as they are much stronger than you would expect. An excellent value product!
Roger

hmmm.....

isn't everybody kinda b*tchin about enclosures, and or complaining about the prices of good ones?

er, I was , or always have considered aluminium extruded truck running boards--off cuts from any local truck accessories place.

They would be essentially free, usually a minimum of 4" wide, but most are at least 6", most are 1 1/2" high or higher, the extrusion also allows for ends to be screwed to them, they have a good finish. All you need is a couple of pieces of sheet alum for the ends and something for the bottom (hardwood works well:)

just a thought. I agree losts of enclosures are horrible, cheap looking or quite expensive. Also recycled car audio cases could work as well.

http:/www.par-metal.com cases are nice. I ordered a 16X12X3 amplifier case in black paint with anodized black front for $60US. The case is 5052 aluminum alloy which is easily to drill and tap threards, but does leave nasty burrs. Drill from the good side. The back, front, and base break down separately. The top and sides are in one piece. The case overall is quite sturdy. The are vent slots on the base, sides and tops, which line up nicely for heat sinks. The only thing is that delivery took almost three weeks (but they didn't bill my credit card until shipment). I'll post pictures, if anybody is interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.