Where to buy TDA1543 D/A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
siu sin man tho said:
At first the production line of TDA1541a was in Europe factory.
But on the middle of 199X. The production line was transfered to Taiwan. The outlook different U can see is the the europe type had philips logo & white line on the left side. The Taiwan product had Taiwan on the left side. But someone say that on 1996~1997 the Taiwan re-open the TDA1541A & produce S2 Crown supply to marantz. But nobody can prove for this message.

The OLD TDA1541A Had several grade, TDA1541A is standard, Then R1, N1, the different of old S2 & New S2 easy to see on the difference of the crown. The OLD 1541A Double Crown was select from S1. The line of the selection is 1541A>>>>select>>>S1( print one crown)>>> selectS1 grade>>>>S2(then print the second crown). Due to the two crown was print in different time, There will had a little different. [/url]

Hi Thomas,

R1 has worse linearity then plain A.

N1 ? Never heard of it.

I have S1 date code 9613.

Also never heard of Old S2. Where has that been used ? On Mars ?

Anyway, I compared my CD304mkII with film caps for coupling and decoupling to CD880 with various DAC chips and still the CD304 is a little better. :(

Bernhard

hi berhard & DBHH,

R1 has worse linearity then plain A.

Agree

N1 ? Never heard of it.

NI & R1 were found in early production.

I have S1 date code 9613Also never heard of Old S2. Where has that been used ? On Mars ?

OLD S1 approx will be the max quality chips, but still had Q SI & small amout of S2 was use in the top model of early accuphase D/A converter.

I will try to find the early S2 photos.

let see the Q S1 first.
the date of production was on 8910-2

thanks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com

Attachments

• 1541 selected grade chip.jpeg
    1541 selected grade chip.jpeg
    34.1 KB · Views: 419
hi berhard,

U right.

the old version tda1541a that will easy find in the market approx CD880. Q SI TDA1541A is the best.
I will try to search any photos about the double crown before 1990 photos.

P.S. the Q S1 was selected from the S1 grade. So, Berhard
don't give up the CD880. this is a excellent machine.

any comment for the de-coupling caps???

recently I was testing for this several caps.

I was

thanks

thomas

www.diyaudiocraft.com

Attachments

• ·ó¤ù 271.jpg
    ·ó¤ù 271.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 344
hi DBHH,

U was the lucky one. the 88 years TDA1541a S2 double crown is very hard to find. I had not seen this before.

BTW where U get it??
I trust this is a very good one. But from the message of philips hong kong said the early S2 was selected from S1>>>> S2 .
They said due to selected in different time & marked the crown mark in different time. There will had different crown mark on the chips. The transaction of the selection

:: Standard TDA1541a>>>>TDA1541A (R grade or N grade)>>>
S1 grade & marked one crown>>>>>> selected S1>>>>> S2 grade.

but the marked on your early chips was same crown mark. There may be the special selected.

thanks

thomas

siu sin man tho said:

:: Standard TDA1541a>>>>TDA1541A (R grade or N grade)>>>
S1 grade & marked one crown>>>>>> selected S1>>>>> S2 grade.

what do you think is absulute ranking of all the chips old S2, new S2, S1 silvercrown, S1 Q selection... ?

Why do you think KT is so good ? It is polyesther.

I use roederstein MKP1839 1µF. But I feel it sounds same as original smd chip caps.

TO thomas ... post #30

Hi Thomas.

I bought it from an official distributor of replacement parts of MARANTZ (like i re-write here http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=388980#post388980, i lost my thread there?!).

First i did not knew a source of distrubution. 2nd i heared about fakes in this forum. So i thought: this will be the safest way to get a "real double crown" from "Audiotronic/Germany".

where to buy tda1543 d/a

hi bernard,

what do you think is absulute ranking of all the chips old S2, new S2, S1 silvercrown, S1 Q selection... ?

I compare the old S1 & the new S2 already.
The New S2 was slightly smooth than old S1 & the 1988 normal TDA1541A. Berhard. Do U had 1988 HSH8844 2. The 8844 2 was very close to the 1997 period S2 sound. If Pls try.

Berhard, the photo show was the remain stock in Philips company two months ago. I had over 500 pcs TDA1541a which accumulate to build my parallel tda 1541a kit. I seperate to different day code to test the sound. This is my opinion for the 1988 TDa1541a compare with the S1 & S2.

Why do you think KT is so good ? It is polyesther.

I test the coupling caps on my tube I/V board for my d/a kits & test that the KT1803 was quite good. My friend said KT1845 was the lowerest ESR & high performance caps.
I still testing different caps, btw. I prefer use the small philips MKT use in the decoupling in my kits. The PCB will multi fit for different size caps.

Berhard, which caps U advise??
Let me considerate that can got lot to build the kits or not.

thanks

thomas

Attachments

• ·ó¤ù 277.jpg
    ·ó¤ù 277.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 312
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.