WHERE: Gold Hex bolts?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: ANODIZE TILL YOU DROP.

fdegrove said:

ow about champagne anodize with black hexes?

I guess favourite color match has to do something with a national flag. That's probably where the gold and black comes from.;)

There is another issue. Here in Canada by hex bolts we mean the bolts on the left in my pic. What is the proper name for the bolts (or screws) on the right, the ones with Allen key hole?

Attachments

• bo.jpg
    bo.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 78
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
Hello,

There is another issue. Here in Canada by hex bolts we mean the bolts on the left in my pic. What is the proper name for the bolts (or screws) on the right, the ones with Allen key hole?

The ones one the right are Allen bolts here as well,you need Allen keys to work them.
Those on the left are just the ubiquitous garden variety bolts.
What will probably be significantly different are the diameters and screw taps.
Unless all that has gone metric with you too and that would really surprise me.

I guess favourite color match has to do something with a national flag. That's probably where the gold and black comes from.

And I still refuse to put it up.
OTH if I can find a Flemish flag I might just go for it.:D

Cheers,

Re: Re: ANODIZE TILL YOU DROP.

Peter Daniel said:

Around these parts, they are known as "hex socket cap screws", or just "socket cap screws".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.