When do you need a big capacitor on your power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Flyin11 said:
Nice car ppi!! :D Sweet lookin ride and I'm diggin the nice looking headlights.

I noticed this morning that the dimming that happens with me now is not related to bass. If I have the volume up the lights don't dim with the bass but they do dim down when I turn on the rear defroster, Heat, or A/C when going down the road and they also flicker every time the engine fan comes on. Is this normal? My car is a 2003 Honda Civic EX Coupe that I just bought about 2 months ago. I have noticed that the battery under the hood looks like it has never been changed so I'm figuring it's been a few years that it has been in the car. It starts up fine in the afternoon but doesn't turn over quite as quickly in the mornings. My question is, is it a good idea to try and good a REALLY good battery and replace this one (Have to do it anyways) or get a capacitor for my amp so that the flickering and dimming might stop (even though it doesn't really do it when the bass is hitting)? Thanks :D

i really recommend installing a grounding kit, or make your own...it really sounds like a grounding problem.

i have a nissan sentra that i regrounded, and i have no more voltage issues....

1. batt to chassis
2. alt to engine
3. engine to transmission
4. engine/transmission to chassis

and add another wire from positive batt to alt output

I second the grounding.
Most cars I've seen have very poor grounding,undersized straps,etc.

In a friends car,the ground-strap from the engine block to the firewall actually had the insulation melted off of the ends. He didn't have any stereo equipment,or large loads at all..just the stock stuff. :eek:

We stripped some coaxial cable,and use the braided shield from it to make a few straps.
_His engine actually ran better afterwards._ :smash:

Upgrading your grounds is probably a better use of the money,in 90% of cases.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.