Whats Vintage Testing Equipment Do YOU Have/Use?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will take pics of all my vintage test gear ,i was suppose to do it this weekend ,and guess what,was called out .......weekend destroyed ! Can some tell me how good was the Tek scope 310A as i would like to use it ,it seems to be in good condition still with original tubes,just missing the carry handle.

Geek24

Hi ,
over ther years I´d gathered loads of test equipment.
But the main equipment for audio fiddling are:

Leader Signal Oscillator LAG-120A
Leader Function Generator LF-1300
HP Millivoltmeter 400E
HP Oscillator 241A
HP Spectrum Analyzer 6384
Praecitronic NF-Pegelmesser (Audio Lever Meter) MV73
Praecitrionic NF-Pegelsender (Audio Signal generator GF73
RTW Broadcast Quality Level Meter -50dB to +5 dBVU
Klein & Hummel Telewatt Audio Power Amp MB-80
Rohde& Schwarz FTZ Direkt Reading Distortion Meter
Fluke Presicion Digital Voltmeter 8200
Tek Scope 7603
Tek Curve Tracer 575
Hameg Scope 203-3 with build-in-Component-tester
Valve Tester RPG-70
Valve tester Funke W19

HERA Power Tower:
Upper Unit: Mains Entry Unit 230/400V 16A with ELCB, 16A 3way circuit breaker and Emergency Cut off.
Middle Unit: Variac/isolation Xfmr 1,5kVA / 0-250V
Lower Unit : Reg. DC Power 0-30V/0-4Amp. and 3 utility mains sockets

Grundig H&B Valve Lab Power Supply 6007
Rohde& Schwarz Valve Lab Power Supply NGU
ENI Power Supply 0-40V / 0-200A
W&G Mains Stabilizer 230V 2,2kVA WS-10
Spectralab Audio Spectrum Analyzer SD-330A (defective , mains xfmr blown)

Homebrew:

HV Power Supply 0-2500V , max. Load 0,7A up to 1200V 1,2A
Dummy Load (Audio) 4/8 ohms, 2x750W cont. 2x1200W 5 min.

Here are some pics of my stuff. Sorry for the chaos , but I´m always in hurry and find no time to tidy up my place.

I´m especially proud of my old Grundig H&B 6007 power supply. It has so many different voltages which are all individually insulated against each other and individual settable. These items quite rare, and if you find one in ebay, it will dead ore the EL156 are off the unit. I´ve bought mine as defekt. I wind 3 of the 4 mains trafos new. And it works like brand new. Naturally the both EL156 are als gone.But I´ve got loads of these old goodies , I save them from early days when noone interested in Valve equipment.
... have fun with these nice glowings things..real amps glowing in the dark.

Wolfgang

Attachments

• DSCF3295.JPG
    DSCF3295.JPG
    739.4 KB · Views: 168
  • spektrokuck-1.JPG
    spektrokuck-1.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 83
  • Front-in-Betrieb-2.JPG
    Front-in-Betrieb-2.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Gerät-in-Betrieb-1.JPG
    Gerät-in-Betrieb-1.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSCF3301.JPG
    DSCF3301.JPG
    746.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCF3300.JPG
    DSCF3300.JPG
    728 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF3299.JPG
    DSCF3299.JPG
    723 KB · Views: 86
  • DSCF3298.JPG
    DSCF3298.JPG
    733.1 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF3297.JPG
    DSCF3297.JPG
    734.6 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF3296.JPG
    DSCF3296.JPG
    733.6 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi Geek24,

Can some one please assist with a Sennheiser FO 55 (BEWERTUNGSFILTER) as i have a instruction manual in German ,i need it in English,please assist

As far as I know these old Sennheiser manuals where only in written german language. In those old days , Sennheiser had its focus only to the german market, especially to the broadcast and radio industrie. Only few instruments found the way to foreign customers.

The best to use this filter is with the Sennheiser RV55 Röhrenvoltmeter (VTVM).
It has the feasibility to attach this filter via 2 jacks marked with "Filter A and B. In this configuration the filter can be inserted or bypassed by the push of a button to your choice. Aside from that its got the proper match of level and impedance.

The Sennheiser RV55 Audio VTVM.
Google-Ergebnis für http://www.on-off-hifi.de/index.php?rex_resize=900a__mes06140-2.jpg&rex_filter%5B%5D=

It seems you must find someone who translate the manual in english for you.

Wolfgang

Hi,
my high voltage power supply is made quite simple. It consist of a transformer, rectifier and charging caps. It is not stabilized. I use it together with my variac to control the output voltage.. It basicly has 1200V output. A relay insert a link between one ac leg and the cap. center connection to double the output voltage.
It has also safety cover switches , bleeder resistors across the caps, and and a flashing warning light if the hv-dc output is "hot" . Furthermore it has a socket to attach a extern "emergency off" switch.

It find a place in an desk top 19" housing of a scraped piece of equipment that was simple "there" , a device which secret functions I´ve got with other junk from the German Navy.

So I will going to take some pics of it now. It Is so simple made that I thought noone is interested in such a device like this.:D

pics comming soon.

Wolfgang

Hi,
my high voltage power supply is made quite simple. It consist of a transformer, rectifier and charging caps. It is not stabilized. I use it together with my variac to control the output voltage..

My Kepco 615 does the same.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

73's

Hi
Please i need some advise on a power supply (ATC 1500 Neve PSU) that i would like to make it variable voltage and amperage ,can some one give me some directions as the psu has seven 2N3055 trn for regulation any assistance would be of great help .ampere 10-voltage 30 vdc

Hi Folks,
today is a lucky day. I´ve got an AVO Tube meter/tester from an old friend who has this nice piece of equipment several years between his odds and ends.
He is one of these guys who have no trucks with electronics. So he always thought this was a device to test vehicle motors. Its orginate from the fact that this unit came with loads of workshop inventory from a deceased car mechanic in his neighbarhood. A aside from that the word "VALVE" in front of the appliance proofed his belief.
I explained him for what this device was really made for. And finally he sold me it for a quite resonable price (between friends).

This neat little machine is made in England at the end of the 50th or early 60th. The Model ist the AVO Valve Characteristic Meter MK IV.

I can´t belive it! I´ve been after this AVO meter such a long time , and now one of my best friends kept it for a half eternity between all his stuff.
YEAH!! WOW!

Some pics down below...

Wolfgang

Attachments

• Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-1.JPG
    Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-1.JPG
    442.1 KB · Views: 158
  • Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-2.JPG
    Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-2.JPG
    478.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-top-1.JPG
    Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-top-1.JPG
    490.2 KB · Views: 137
  • Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-Meter-Panel-1.JPG
    Valve-Caracteristik-Meter-MK4-Meter-Panel-1.JPG
    363.2 KB · Views: 66
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.