What would you build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks! I'll post pics when it is fit and finished.

I will try the sock. I did play around a bit with the crossover point. The higher I cross....the more geese I hear. Is that too low a polyfill volume or driver related...or just a bad build?

Is it snowing up there yet? Skied Whistler once...rain at the bottom, but soooo nice up top.

Cal...I had considered closing the port. But, WinISD showed a higher F3 and long roll off for the response for the same Vb. I expected that, but am not sure which trade off I want to make. WinISD also puts the driver right in the middle of sealed/vented as far as it's suggestion of where to go, so it's a matter of what I feel works best.

On a budget (free driver), and playing the cards I'm dealt, you know? I will play around more this evening I hope...port tuning (including socks), xover, and levels.

That being said: I've seen your positive impressions of the TB W6-1139. In looking for a small, concealable sub for my living room (requires higher SAF than this one), I was wondering if two of these ala edjosh23 would be a good bet. I would prefer sealed as well for transient response, but you seemed to get good thump from 1 TB and a PR. Again...looking at these from a budget and SAF point of view to fill in below 70Hz.

A bit off the original line...but since you were kind enough to help out :).

Regards,
Aaron

Cal...thanks again. For ~$50 plus a couple of PR's, that is not too bad. What Vb did you use? I found 8" PR's on Parts Express...those the ones you used? I have another one of the drivers I am currently using...maybe a PR arrangement would be the better way to go for the next attempt.

Why PR over ported? Don't they have similar responses? Or do you get better transient response from the "sealed" nature of the PR?

Regards,
Aaron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.