What was the the last gig/concert you went to?

I had fun last night at Bryan Adam’s “So Happy it Hurts” gig in Dublin’s 3Arena.

I found I knew the majority of the songs and a live Rock gig is always fun. He has a prolific back catalogue!

Great performances all round and some fun with videos and the “So Happy it Hurts” flying car!

Bryan comes over very well and really engages with the audience. He was on stage for over 2 hours and it was entertaining throughout.

Since this an audio forum, I should mention the sound! 🙂 it was very good, not short on volume, but not deafeningly loud either. The drum kit packed a hell of a punch as you would hope, and sound was clear without being fatiguing. The screaming guitar solos were clear without melting your eardrums. My inner audio nerd wanted to measure the SPL but I managed to resist!

Overall a thumbs up, no complaints, and well worth the price of admission.

What was your last gig experience?

Jeff.

Last gig was Goblini, but very looking forward to this Saturday for Rammstein 😊 10T of fuel spent on effects, stage is 36m high, 60m wide, will be spectacle of a concert with their performanse on stage. As for sound quality, they are bringing their own as well, which i doubt will be of poor quality :)

Reactions: 1 user
Buddy Guy at the Chicago Blues Festival yesterday. A living legend, and he still has incredible energy. Plus his playing is still adventurous, unafraid of bringing wildness into the music.

Millennium Park was filled to capacity. We stood in line nearly two hours to get in. It felt special to be there.

The show did feel just a bit bittersweet too, maybe a hometown farewell of sorts. Mr. Guy was joined onstage by some other blues stars: singer Shemekia Copeland, harmonica player Billy Branch, guitarists Wayne Baker Brooks, Ronnie Baker Brooks, and Greg Guy (Buddy's son).

We don't get out to music all that often, but Buddy Guy was actually the second show that my wife and I went to yesterday. Earlier in the afternoon, we went to an avant garde double bass duo performance by Luke Stewart and Joshua Abrams at Experimental Sound Studio. I'm not the biggest avant garde listener but I'm glad I went and got some creative inspiration from brilliant people with deep dedication to their art.

Within the next few weeks we plan to see Protomartyr here in Chicago, and then the Flaming Lips in Grand Rapids.

I guess maybe we have been getting out to music more often lately...