What was the last full album you listened to?

Just found an original Vanguard pressing of Any Day Now by Joan Baez singing Dylan songs. Do not know where I got. It's a double album and obviously decades old, seems to be in good shape. Also listened to a Chess CD of Muddy Waters Folk Singer.
I can put on a Baez LP, close my eyes and remember the early 70's.

Heard her in concert in NYC, one time a benefit at "Circle in the Square"

Reactions: 1 user
I listen to it on YouTube - the data reduction is not audible on my system. Did not expect that

I had not been aware of this CD, and just gave it a listen based on seeing it here. Wow, that was really good. Not typically my bag but this was fantastic.

Regarding data compression, I feel like this has gotten much better over time. The compression has become more sophisticated, and the baseline bandwidth has increased. Old content lingers, of course.

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2010
Paid Member
IIRC there are at least two overlaps in the session musicians between Steely Dan's "Aja" and "Court and Spark," those being guitarist Larry Carlton and keyboard player (with the punny name) Joe Sample. That said, those albums share a lot, in terms of vibe.

FWIW & YMMV, I have always thought of Michael Franks' "Sleeping Gypsy" as the male version of "Court and Spark." The original LPs don't cost much at all today. And, there's a substantial overlap in session musicians with "Court and Spark" there.

https://thetannhausergate.com/index.php/2016/04/12/michael-franks-sleeping-gypsy/

john
That Sleeping Gypsy album is nicely crafted music. Jazzy and easy going. Thanks for the tip.