What volume for MA Alpair's sealed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks, think I've got a handle on that. I have read elsewhere that a Qts of .45 or under serves as a benchmark sweet spot for utilizing aperiodic vents/enclosures. But a Qts of .5 or above and you lose the ability to tame the impeadance spike, and hit a Qts of .6 or above and the result becomes undesirable.

So the A7.3 with a Qts of .54 might not be an ideal candidate for this?

I ask because I'm looking for a small enclosure to place a A7.3's in to play from 250hz up, and for night time listening have the ability to perform adequately FR as well.

Had pondered them as an option, yes.

This particular iteration of my speaker building compulsion is a recreation of a Radford s.90 transmission line, with a view to swapping out various FR drivers on top in their own enclosures. Small enclosures preferable due to the ergonomics of the room and my wife's sight line to the television. Whilst it's true that they will, by design be removable, keeping them clear of the children at all times becomes a bit of a PITA.

There doesn't seem to be a strong common thread to the ideas of what makes an ideal mid range enclosure, beyond dealing with reflected sound. So I was starting to investigate ideas on getting optimal performance from small boxes.

Any you blokes seen these?

https://www.fernandroby.com/products/details/cube-speaker

Tres sexy, I'd love to have the chance to hear them.

There doesn't seem to be a strong common thread to the ideas of what makes an ideal mid range enclosure, beyond dealing with reflected sound. So I was starting to investigate ideas on getting optimal performance from small boxes.

Any you blokes seen these?

https://www.fernandroby.com/products/details/cube-speaker

Tres sexy, I'd love to have the chance to hear them.

They'd be better in a really acoustically dead wood like oak.

FWIW, I am building a 2-way with the A7.3 and the mid-tweet. I settled on a 2l box (a section of 6" sewer pipe) inside the main cabinet. Wound up with a Qtc of 0.9. I crossed high enough that the impedance peak is not an issue, but placing a 20ohm or so resistor across the A7.3 would make it moot.

Bob

That sounds like an interesting solution Bob, as it happens I had a homage to your A7 TL design on the drawing board. Slightly tweeked in dimensions to lie flat and symmetrical to the top of the Radford TL.

Are you using fiberfill to dampen the enclosure?

Look forward to hearing how it performs - thanks for the suggestion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.