What Toroid in Mackie M1400

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just picked up a Toroid for a Mackie M1400. Does anyone know what VA rating it is?

Mackie says it is a 250wpc RMS into 8 ohmpower amp, but it has a +/- 90vdc tap... With that you could design a 350 watter... Does the Mackie use MOSFET's? Why such low OP rating?

It does have dual supplies i.e. 65-60-0-60-65vac so either it is MOSFET with the higher supply feeding the inputs/Drivers and the lower feeding the OP stage... or a Class-H BJT design... which is it?

regardless, whats the VA of it's Toroid, anyone know?

K-thanks!

Just happened to bring back this old thread because I looked thru my junk box and I have a M-1200, M-1400 transformer. The transformer secondary has the following..

Yellow-Black-Yellow. Red- Purple- Red windings. I get 65-0-65 across the Yellow-blk- yellow. I get 58-0-58 Red-blk-Red and I don't know what the purple wire is.

Any ideas?

Purple- Red- 18v Purple - Red 10V Purple-Yellow 18V Purple -Yellow 11V

I have checked the schematics and cannot find anything on the transformer and unfortunately the amplifier was thrown away long ago because its PC board was mostly fire fried.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.