What To Do With Those 2SJ28's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks all for the answers. So I need to figure out what these six trannies are :confused:

They look authentic from the appearance, not many transistors are under this form factor, even less P-SITs, and they can take 200W of heat without problem (when mounted on a heatsink with cooling fan).

Stupid me :mad:, I made a mistake in the connections (power reversed between D and S). After correcting the mistake, the new ones give similar curves as the old ones :)

> You'll have to find a pair of 2SK77 and you can build a very nice push-pull amp :)
That's something I've been trying for 2 years without success. Some 2SK77 did show up in Japan Yahoo Auctions but the price was way too high. I had a vendor in China who's been searching for me at much lower price, but he only found me some J27 recently instead.

What to do with those 2sj28

Here are a few of my thoughts. In keeping to the "simple" criteria, I have traded some things like gain or voltage swing for fewer power supplies and so forth. This is my homage to Nelson Pass's homage to Richard Feynman :)

Here's the link:
Six Easy (P)ieces

#1,#2 The usual suspects in antimatter form
#3 A follower for light bulb lovers
#4 A little two-stager
#5 A potentially fun little circuit, SE/PP selectable
#6 An even simpler circlotron, for those who weren't crazy about all the supplies in the V-FETRON.

Hello
I am a bit late to the game.
As for me, the Sony SITs particularly shine in preamp duty. LuminAria was a revelation to me. Today i may consider to convert my L'amp to preamp duties.
This is what i have in mind: (Reference to Pass SIT3)

Sony SIT driving an autoformer, followed by SE, PP, DEF or whatsoever follower.
The SIT and autoformer shall easily provide 20 clean volts.
The Sony SIT will impart its precious sonic signature on the more neutral follower.

I have both a pair of 10lb coils of wire and a pair of iron core inductors. And if I used the air core inductors I would use a powersupply between 30 and 32 VDC . My major concern is what the output impedience of the amp would be and in amp # 2 wouldn't the output impedience simply be the drain resistance.

I tried to just guess looking at the curves for a 2sk82 . On second thought perhaps my guess was way way off. Any idea about what the drain resistance would be for this device at 25v and 1.5A ? My concern is my speakers need to see a amplifier output resistance of ~10 ohms so I may be better just using something like a 10 ohm resistor as the load instead of an inductor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.