What to do with these FE207e?

Wiring's a bit tacky looking, but a beautiful horn!

GM

Thanks ;) This was just a test before playing with Lowthers. I never really put a finish on them because they were not intended to stay long. 2 years later, they are still in my living room, and I am still debating if I should build a BLH with Lowther PM5A or DX4, or go with a corner design with the GPA 604-8H-III. Since funding is limited for now, I am still reading and trying to find new implementations with Lowthers and GPAs.

I find my current BLH with the Fe207E are lacking in the upper range. I was always tempted to add ESS Heil AMTs but since this is not my final speakers, I never got them.made the move.

BLH with the Fostex 207E ;)

P1020887.JPG

Very nice! Bạn diy rất đẹp!

That horn may be pretty but i strongly suspect the smooth curve will lead to too much HF leakage out of the mouth.

Have a look at Vulcan if you want a big horn. You might need to damp down excess bass thou.

dave

Thanks Dave. I'm looking to build something as I've acquired a pair of Philips 9710 drivers.

How does a smooth curve "lead to too much HF leakage out of the mouth"? Not debating, but wanting to learn. There are so many different approaches out there...