What!?! Spanish researchers say modern music becoming more bland

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Send me an invitation, to hear and test him by my own :D!!!

You may not want to hear SY play...haha. But he had some great concerts in his Austin home. SY is now in Chicago. But if you do come to Austin, you will not find it hard to listen to some great music.

I told SY that this has been a tradition in our city for many years. I remember when I was a young boy in the 60's that our family would go to some park with a grassy hill where musicians would set up their instruments and begin to play. Price: free. So having a big bank account is not necessary to hear some very fine music. SY can give you more details, but he might get depressed. ;)

Joined 2007
Paid Member
OK, blues I like. I knew a guys who was called "La Tota Blues", who record a CD and was from the Once town here in Buenos Aires. Also l linstened to Stevie ray Baughan. but country, sincerely not like so much. Perhaps a good cover of "19 días and 500 noches" from Sabina can be better. But I don´t imagine this boy singing Spanish.

Is undeniable the relation between Music and Mathematics.
Try this, it's fun, you too can become a composer, you only need two dice :)

Mozart's Musikalisches Würfelspiel

J.S.Bach could make this, in only one row !

J.S. Bach - Crab Canon on a Möbius Strip - YouTube

The silly question immediately arises

- Do composers, were without combinations, or simply without talent? :D

Are you kidding? I spent most of my childhood at The Famous Ballroom in Baltimore, seeing people like Miles, Dizzy, Rahsaan, Mingus, Sun Ra... I saw Dizzy so many times that, after I moved to Salt Lake City, he spotted me in the audience and wanted to know what the hell I was doing there.

Popular music is produced for profit.
Most Classical music is/was produced for profit.
I can't find the article scientific enough to grant it any firm conclusions. With web streaming, it shouldn't matter if pop music becomes more bland. The available variety of music has never been greater. I don't keep up with the Top 40 much, but I think Maroon 5 is #1 today here in the USA. In 1955, it was Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley. I wonder how the previous years back to Maple Leaf Rag compute?

Well,

I have to say that in days gone by...:eek:

Bands either made it or didn't in the clubs and gigs and were formed by people..<<<:confused: and tallent and song writing by people for people..

Today a lot of stuff is manufactured c**p..ie created by "people" <high society.. for money. (The girl band the boy band etc) manufactured c**p.

But weren't there already signs of that in those "days gone by" (like e.g. The Monkees)?

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Even the Monkees had some talent.

Yes you have to search very very very hard to come up with some of the out and out c**p you get these days..even the banana splits could produce better sounds than some of todays drivel..:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• Bana.jpg
    Bana.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I guess,

What I am saying is..if the music of the day reflects the feelings of the people what is it saying?

I do realy like some "stuff" that I hear at Glastonbury and T in the park..
And I will buy music after hearing the bands..however I seem to have to watch the concerts to get inspiration..

Some of the "stuff" I hear today makes me despair...(Music of the soul)...:eek:

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.