what rca socket do you think is best??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what rca socket do you think is best??

jleaman said:

what is sma ? Got a picture ?

here's the one I used in my Ultra Low Distortion Oscillator -- there wasn't enough room for a panel mount, 4 screw BNC connector -- these connectors were primarily used for radar -- last year at the NY Audio Show I saw an amplifier which used an RCA connector on the front panel run into an SMA on the printed circuit board -- kinda like puttin' on the underwear with the skidmarks

Attachments

• sma.jpg
    sma.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 301
XLR

I avoid RCAs whenever I can (I make my own pre and power), going down the XLR route (Originally Cannon/Amphenol now Neutrik) which besides being a better design are far better cost wise.

When I have to use an RCA I have started using Eichmann bullet connectors. The idea of a single low resistance earth makes a lot more sense to me.

Re: XLR

nigeljking said:
When I have to use an RCA I have started using Eichmann bullet connectors. The idea of a single low resistance earth makes a lot more sense to me.
The copper ones look fine, but a bunch of the claims made on their web page look more than a little spurrious. Assuming they are reasonably priced, I'm sure they will work fine.

I would NOT, however, recommend the silver contacts due to the almost gauranteed corrosion that will occur on the contacts. If their "preservit" coating is any good at blocking oxygen, I wonder how it will affect signal flow. . . The silver plugs look a little suspect to me.

BUT!!!!!

I have never used nor tested them, so this is my 100% uninformed opinion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.