What other hobbies we have?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
chipco3434 said:
I sell lathes for a living... Off center is no problem. It's all about rpm's and the machine's mass.
I stand corrected! I guess I have always had a different strategy, but if popular (and more informed!) opinion seems to tell me I am wrong, who am I to argue?

I guess I'll have to try that some day and see how well it works.

david

What other hobbies do we have?

Hehehe:D Lathemen

I am seriously impressed! My hobby (making mc phono cartridges) has turned into an almost fulltime job. The range of parts I mill and turn is the opposite to yours - very, very small. Like a little + for the armature core with a hole dead centre (1.75mm arm end to end) or little titanium tubes just under 0,5mm o/d and i/d 0,3mm):) :) - it make you cross-eyed and I've almost had my nose removed peering at the work in the chuck:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I use a 'toy' lathe and milling machine - Myford and Maximat V10.

bulgin

Re: What other hobbies do we have?

bulgin said:
- it make you cross-eyed and I've almost had my nose removed peering at the work in the chuck:bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I wonder if there has ever been a horror movie made out of this..."the wicked miller" or someting..:D I think "the machinist" comes pretty close though...hahah

Another hobby: Watching (horror) movies!

Grunt....(in THX that is...:p )

Hey... I'm around!

Just really busy these days dealing with, lunatics, disasters etc... I am flooded with work at the moment also. Going to design a transformer with Metglas and foil/tape windings... maybe learn a things or two...

And yes... cooking is a big hobby for me.

BTW... SY, that Indian "pancake" I was asking about ages ago is called: "uttupam". Chilis, onions, and an alloy flour with the same proportions as a good ole' flapjack. If I can proof/tweak a good recipe, I'll post it.

And Hi everyone! Taking it easy today while Mrs. Poo stuffs me with cookies!

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.