What music did you last buy?

A new bin of records came in on friday @ salvation army,i got these :)

1) Motley Crue - Shout at the devil
2) AC/DC - T.N.T (Australian version of thier "High voltage" album (A few different songs))
3) Lynyrd Skynyrd - No name on it (I have been wanting the studio version of FREEBIRD for awhile...... I have the live version of it ON 2 DIFFERENT RECORDS!!! (Greatest Hits and a collection of 70s music record))

I last got 2 Jefferson Starship records (EARTH AND MODERN TIMES)

They were both together so i just got both -- 1 of them I wanted just for the song "Find your way back" and man does it sound good in analogue!!!

I also got A 'country special' record! (1972 - Collection of traditional country music)

I just got a YES record (90125) and although I have this cassette and dont like it very much! (Doesnt sound very good) THE RECORD IS AMAZING!!!!!!

I guess records are the way to go!!! (I have always known that but I have had several cassettes/records where the records sound MUCH NICER than the same album on cassette!)

I almost didnt get this record as it had alot of white streaks on it,etc...... Wasnt taken care of very well..... But I gave the record A COMPLETE CLEANING and got 99% of the white streaks out of it (Still a few light streaks (Not very visible)).....

IM GLAD I GOT IT!!!!!

well first time to visit this thread ....

surfing in u tube i listen in to this Cerrone - You Are The One (Live at Olympia - Official Video) - YouTube
I am in to classic club music ..and my everyday listening is soulful tunes
Still 47 today roots are far back so yes i like the bastard I like also the way he is doing it ...i think he is a sexist and he is screwing around with Barbara Tucker in the past and now days with other girls that do his vocals and other things ... ha ha ha ...
Liked the solo should be watched ...Cerrone - Sweet Drums Solo Live at Olympia (2007) - Official Video - YouTube
and a girlfriend of mine got me the CD as a present ...

To my surprise and even though i listen from u tube hardly ever but with a sound card that costs like 100 euro nothing really special when i played the CD( original of course ) the sound was horrible very compressed , extremely empty , low in depth and with a horrible image if put next to you tube + card sound

I used a Teac VRDS 10 for it and also checked with my SACD DVP-NS900V still same bad result .

Discussed the issue with a friend which a highly respectable studio engineer and his opinion was that many consumer companies produce CD like that since they know that ppl wil play them in a home theater system now days rather than a good hifi system so they do this in order not to push the system hard

Can this be correct ?

Comments please
Kind regards
Sakis