What happened to Brian Gt?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Highfieldrebel, I'm very leery about ordering from a website with zero support. For me, product support and being able to ask specific questions that probably only he can answer for me is pretty important. Like I said though, even though his operation is running I hope he's doing okay and I hope that one day he'll be able to respond to the e-mails that are being sent to him. For now, Peter Daniel has been more than helpful and his prompt reply's are a welcome sign for repeat business and a sure ticket of professionalism.

Brians boards

I am sure like most people his age after graduation Brian has a full plate with work and family. I can say his boards are an excellent value I have personally build at least half a dozen amps for nephews and nieces who have graduated or married. The power supply boards have also been the staple of several of my personal amps.

As far as support it all has been covered in this forum and there are plenty willing to chime in if you can't locate an answer, my .02 cents.

Bill

Odd. I asked a stupid question because I missed the link to the aleph schematic and Brian responded almost immediately.

The boards and kits Brian offers are excellent quality, with well written documentation available on the website. At this point in my DIY life I don't need a lot of support, but for those who do there are plenty of people here who have built his boards willing to help out the novice. If you like the look and price of his boards or kits, don't hesitate to buy them.

That is odd. Maybe he's just tired of answering the same question about his boards over and over and just disregards them. I imagine I'd grow tired of answering the same questions myself. I merely just wanted his personal preference on which pot to use and transformer as I'm sure he'd have more experience trying different equipment with his boards than anyone else.

I ended up makign the move this morning. I ordered the LM3785 Dual Mono Premium kit from Audiosector instead, as Peter's responses were timely and he was able to answer the questions I had as well as provide a magnitude of documentation and personal preferences regarding amplifier component selection. Hopefully I receive the package soon and get to building.

Cheers,

Steven Z.

The kits are fully documented, well enough for a total novice to successfully build them - DIY Chip Amplifier Kits, PCB's, Components and Information.

For all its goodness, the Aleph series is really quite simple. Do you really need more than a schematic or BOM with parts designation so you know where to put what value? Remember that Brian is offering a bare board, not a kit. The use of boutique parts in the aleph series has been discussed ad nauseum in this forum.

Peter shipped my AJ/AJX boards wrapped in a schematic for both versions. Convenient, but having to download/print them would be no big deal. I usually push my monitor back and enlarge the schematic while I build at my computer desk.

In short, IMHO Brian and Peter are both excellent suppliers. If you want to build an Aleph J/JX or an Aleph/AX with ZVP3310s use Peter's boards. For a straight Aleph Brian's boards are tightly packaged for a mini, or allow more flexibility in output FET placement Maybe useful to spread the heat load on a wide sink like the Conrad MF35-151.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.