• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What does the acronym "AMW" stand for?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I've had a tube amp for almost a year now and am using crappy stock Groove Tubes, so I've recently been going around buying up some NOS tubes.

I was on Ebay, and found the following auction:

RCA 5963 / 12AU7A / 12AU7 / ECC82,NOS Tube, NIB! - eBay (item 170488525229 end time Jun-21-10 17:03:31 PDT)

And promptly bought up all 5 of the tubes that were being sold. The guy confirmed that they were all manufactured in the USA. The one in the picture has "USA" stamped in red ink and black ink at different areas, while the rest of the tubes in the lot say only "RCA," "5963," and "AMW" in red ink, and "USA" in black ink. I was at first nervous that these 4 might have been manufactured in a different country and then rebranded USA, but I think they were all still made in the USA.

However, my main question is what the acronym "AMW" means. I've googled it, but have found nothing that corresponds to vacuum tubes.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.