What do you use to seal subwoofer enclosures?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi again, I have a few last questions for you guys.

The Shiva is downfiring exactly like the 142,5 liters EBS enclosure design by Adire Audio. So, it's mounted under the bottom plywood sheet, by the exterior. What kind of glue could I use to seal the driver and provide some support? What kind of glue is good with metal and wood? Carpenter glue is enough? I also noticed that they don't give screws with the driver. Which screws/bolts/nuts should I get to secure it in place? I find that the driver is quite heavy and I don't want to see the wood chipping or the like, but the screws holes are so close to the 11" driver hole!!! Like less than half an inch. 8 screws is alot, but 1 and a half pound per screw is alot IMO. Am I crazy? I think I would feel more comfortable if the driver was sitting over the plywood sheet... but since the box is finished, it needs to stay this way.

I have the same question for the downfiring port, what kind of glue is good for plastic and wood? Carpenter glue is enough?

I also guess that the foam around the Rythmik Audio amplifier seal well enough so it doesn't need glue or something?

Thank you very much again guys!

Hello!

I have this driver:
qts:1.2
qms:6.5
qes.1.5
dia:30cm
vas:170.3L

Its "crappy" driver,but it isnt for trash.Many people said me,to do dipole.I tried,but it has really bad bas response(maybe,because I drive it without filter,but I use cca 1m^2 baffle; as I know,there cant be filter effect on low bass freqs-active filtering)
If enyone has idea,how to extend bass from dipole...:smash: .(I wont buy those drivers anymore)
-I hate that at dipole you need many drivers that works same as one driver in (monopole) box

So if I put this driver into a 120L box,there is about 6db peak...
POINT:I need formula do design notch filter(EQ should be ok,but it takes a time to afford a good one)

Dean

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.