• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

What do you think of this cheap tube amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SAV-400A Tested results are great for this single ended tube amp

:smash:Great amplifier for the price, I’m quite taken back really…:smash:

Looks to be a single ended design can’t see any transistors or Mosfets inside it is of exceptional build quality for the price and it sounds great too, I’d say it’s more 30-35 watts the bass and treble control are digital apart from that it’s a tube amp alright.

Has anyone actually tested one of these or are you all just got nothing better to do but speculate on what’s inside? If you are to be reviewing here actually buy and open the devices first rather than post misleading speculative banter about what you think it is.

:dice:Cake:dice:

Straight from the auction listing:

Output Power: The SAV-400A delivers 2 X 45 Watts in a Pure Class A Operation (eq to 200W RMS) when 2 speakers are connected

Awesome! Where can I get one? :) Since when has 2x45W class A - excuse me - PURE class A been equal to 200W RMS.

A lot of people love to bash the eBay auction listings here. And in my opinion for a very valid reason. All you have to do is to read the auction listing and pick it apart to realize that it's bogus. That they claim their amp defies the laws of physics is definitely a red flag... It's just amazing what these sellers get away with.

~Tom

Has anyone actually tested one of these or are you all just got nothing better to do but speculate on what’s inside? If you are to be reviewing here actually buy and open the devices first rather than post misleading speculative banter about what you think it is.

i have actually, i have gotten rid of the 2 tube rectifiers:
IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

pics of the insides my unit:

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

modding the power amp board:
IMG_0458.jpg

modding the input board to get rid of the 2 tube rectifiers:
IMG_0479-1.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

scheme for the sub-woofer out:
IMG_0462.jpg

SAV-400A @ £69.99

Hi :)

The SAV-400A is a Hybrid – Listings have been updated please note this is an entry level amp at a mere £69.99 a great buy we think. These are discontinued hence the great offer price.

Grab one! these are great for re working if you thinking of tweaking…:treasure:

the SAV-400 sells as Sakua-200 in the Philippines.....i have analysed the circuit and the 2 rectifier tubes are used to supply +/-6 volts rails to a 4558 op-amp driving the tone control stack

So, do the tube rectifiers impart any tube sound to the audio, like tube rectifiers are supposed to be superior to solid state rectifiers in a tube amp? :D

AV-400

I bought AV-400 last week.1st thing it look very nice.As the weight was too less, I open it to look for the impedance matcher and power feeder guys.A small torroid sitting in the wooden cage behind the valves with 24v-0-24v and 0-7 v tappings.No other transformers.The valve numbers were not very clear.but I managed to read.It was 6n1 and 5z4p.The big job was done by solid state people.luckly no Ic they are transistors mounted on heat zink.They got their own bridge rectifieron board.The big Valves(rectifier) seems like to drag the attention.The small valves were doing somthing as I removed them from the circuit results stopping that channel (Probably pre amplifier).I was not interested to trace the circuit to see what they are doing.The sound was ok with high efficiency spreaker.

Thanks

Reviving an old thread! I picked up a non working version of this tube-hybrid amp for USD $25(SGD $35). This one is much bigger than AV400. And got 6tubes instead of 4 on AV-400. I picked it up for the chassis. Thought I would plonk a T-amp in their with some modified tube stage. To my surprise this thing weighs 10Kg. I expected even lighter and I thought it would be smaller too...

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/Dantex-H-08-High-Performance-HiFi-Electronic-Vaccum-Tube-Amplifier-RMS-home-theater/1210765_32711843648.html

I haven't opened it yet. I dont even know which are these tubes... But will be a fun project for $30 I guess.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.