What do you do to protect your car audio?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clipped:
if they could eventually get vice grips around the dome, theyd have to sit and unscrew a 6" fine thread bolt ...with a siren pointed at their head.

There ya go! Are the old mechanical sirens still available? Talk about loud...

Better yet, rig up your system to come on with a 2kHz square wave at full output.

Seriously, like jol was saying, if you flaunt it you'll get noticed. Years of driving a convertible in ATL taught me to keep it hidden if I want to keep it.

Not something I would do unless you can be 100% sure it won't harm anyone. Especially in the US, you'll get sued if any injury happens as the result of your protection system.

I read an article a long time ago where someone had placed traps at the bottom of his windows to his house to thwart thieves. Guess what happened? Someone tried to break into the house, walked into the trap. House owner gets jail time and huge fines, thief goes free and gets multi-thousand $ settlement for injuries.

That's when you willingly go to jail for ripping out every tooth from their pie hole with vice grip pliers and cutting their knee caps out...with a dull knife.:gnasher: :devilr: :devilr:

I hate thieves. Maybe Muslims are on to something with the limb removal thing.:smash: :smash: :apathic:

Don’t know about you but where I live, if the intruder is inside the house, you're better off to just dispatch them with extreme prejudice. :headshot:
Happened not too long ago, but an old man and his wife were in bed asleep when they were wakened by two thieves breaking into their house. The old man grabbed his 30-30 and when confronted, the thieves were armed and shot at him. They apparently were bad shooters as they missed but the old man got one of them in the neck, unfortunately didn't kill him but he didn't get away, and the other was caught shortly after. There were no charges filed against the old man, but armed B&E for the thieves. The system worked.... this time.:rolleyes:

I had some subs stolen once from inside a sealed isobaric box. The box was sized so it could not be removed from the trunk except from through the back seat and would still require the removal of parts from the car to get it out. The top was cracked open, and the bastards used a small torch to heat the screws and pull them easily from the particle wood. They really weren't that great or expensive speakers and it seemed a little excessive in trouble, but it is the principality of it.

I have a Viper pager alarm, with a siren inside my Avalanche, head unit is strapped, but with the tinted windows you can't see it clearly, mid bass speakers are in the door panels in a fiberglass pod made to look exactly like it is factor covered in grill cloth, and in the kick panels are the mid's/tweets , can't see them because of the window tint, amps Alpine PDX, didn't use screws on them, I used the bolts where the head is a dome, you have to get under the truck to unbolt them, sub is a 80 pound monster in a 300 pound mdf box that to remove you must remove the amps, then seats to get at the sub alone. No one will get my stuff unless they steal my truck...but with the Viper GPS kit im getting soon, they wont get far...

When I installed alarms we added horns inside the car all the time, especially for any car with convertable/T-top/sun or moonroof. Someone had a small one that was really loud and higher pitch we used a lot of them, those did not come with the alarms. Mostly did codealarm and kenwood back then.

Since it's DIY.............

You could make a custom control panel in your dash for your amp, and use RJ-45 plugs and cat5 wire and a pinout of your own design to connect your control panel to your amp. Have volume, on/off remote, and other functions. Have a spare control panel for yourself for testing. The amp won;t work without your control panel plugged in.

i installed alarm system and put very dark window tints on :D

my friend uses even better technique:
he placed old blaupunkt cassette player where HU is supposed to be and hid the real HU inside the dashboard. only its kinda tricky to change songs and tweak settings when you cant see the display lol

I changed my install and ended up using a cheap brand sub. You can't get at all the screws and have to take the back seat out to remove the baffle so guess it does not matter. I put the amps in a rack and carpeted it under the deck, then left carpet that hangs to floor that covers the subs. That way when you open the trunk you can't see a thing. Have to come up with a lock system for the amp rack yet, the attachment is semi hidden but not quite right yet.

Back in the day I found some cheap subs that worked great, for a while I left them in the rear deck IB for all to see lol.

I have a better HU with removable face, its the only thing that shows in the car. EQ is now in the HU.

well, i've done a lot, without breaking the booby-trap barrier. my low-rider yota has a deh-p8000, i believe was the exact #.... anywhoo, it was the last real pioneer, and first/2nd line or oel graphic displays. amung some of the cool features, is an internal alarm you can set, which plays peircing tones through the speakers. all sealed up, you can hear it from in the house.pretty much all the interior is custom, but the alarm, wiring, back-up battery, start override switch, gass sensor, etc are all hidden from view, without dis-assembling panels. tonneau is bolt-on diamond, blah, blah, blah..... you know the one thing that worked the best? big azz vynil stickers on a few of my rides. everyone assumed not to mess with anything. the one time some guys they could trick me into leaving my alarm off, got chased down through the field by my "monster truck", which they were after. i got to see the new (at the time) police issue glock that night....nowadays, i just practice common since, own/carry a piece, and hope i have just as much luck with this next generation. my daily is still rockin the stock delco, which works fine for me, and i practice what i preach to others- don't advertise. only a few friends, and my guys at the stereo shop, who do my #'s for me ever see what's in back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.