What are you Watching?

Hey Chris, yes I know about the Hallmark machine in BC, when we were last in Vancouver in summer we went to VanDusen Garden and they were filming one there.
Spotting Montreal in movies is harder in that they are usually trying to disguise it. I grew up there so I can usually spot either some odd architectural detail or the "feel" of the streets. "Reacher" looks like they used maybe LaSalle or at least SW Montreal for some of the scenes.

Mamselle and I just watched a recovered and rejuvenated silent "The Johnstown Flood" == the only print surviving was a nitrate at Eastman House which was fully restored in 2023. It depicts the 1889 catastrophe at Johnstown PA in which 2,200 people died from a failed dam. If you grew up in Pennsylvania you'd enjoy it.

Reactions: 1 user
We watched Jennifer Jones in "Cluny Brown", an early 1950's romantic comedy including Charles Boyer. This is a delightful movie you can watch with the grand kids.

This evening, for the umpteenth time "The Producers", original with Zero Mostel and Gene Wilder. Lee Meredith is one of the stars still surviving. It was NY when I came to the city to go to college!

Anyone ventured to endure Scorsese’s latest epic “Killers of the Flower Moon”? Streaming now on Apple TV+, but however excellent the film-making and performances may be, I’m not sure I’m up to 3 1/2hrs of darkness of the human soul.
Still trying to slog through “Foundation S2” - visually sumptuous for sure, but …? It must have been 50 years ago I tried to digest the first three novels, but had a hard time with seeing the big picture.

Anyone ventured to endure Scorsese’s latest epic “Killers of the Flower Moon”? Streaming now on Apple TV+, but however excellent the film-making and performances may be
The wife was watching that recently. Said it was good.

I’m not sure I’m up to 3 1/2hrs of darkness of the human soul.
Go back and watch the first season of True Detective. ;)

jeff

Earth At Night In Color - A fascinating nature series on Apple TV+.
Shot at night with low light cameras that make the night look like day, in color.
Not traditional night vision or infra red tech. It really looks like day and this provides new insights to nocturnal animal behavior.
Worth a look.

Last edited: