What are you Watching?

Robert Mitchum is one of my favourite actors.

annex-greer-jane-out-of-the-past_01.jpg

Hard drinkin' and other fine attributes, You can still get some of his finest performances on Youtube for nothing:

Farewell My Lovely1975 Robert Mitchum*Film Noir - YouTube

I think he was a bit old for this film. But funny as anything. The Moose probably got second prize. And Harry-Dean Stanton a significant role. Enjoy.

For another cute, colourful and quirky fantasy series check out “Pushing Daisies”

Trolling through the AppleTV+ library courtesy of the year’s free subscription that accompanied my wife’s new iPhone purchase; just finished “For All Mankind”, and currently binging on “The Morning Show”. The performances of Witherspoon, Carrell, and Crudup weren’t particularly surprising, but I’ll have to admit that Aniston’s was a bit revelatory. Outstanding ensemble performances by both the main and supporting cast, very timely and nuanced writing and great production values. Quite looking forward to second season.

I did watch Vetenskapens Värld (Science World), a weekly science show on Swedish TV. They aired the second and last program about violence and that we've seen a major decline in killings over the last decades.
The second program focused on how to lower the figures yet more, because in same areas the murder and killing figures are still very high.
Interesting work done in Baltimore (Safe Streets), in Iraq where people arranged soccer tournements with mixed (christian/moslem/kurdish) teams apperantly brought people from different traditions/religions closer and thus eliminating the suspicions people felt.
After a mass-shooting in the 90's, Australia passed a law banning all automatic and semiautomatic weapons and since then have hardly had any mass-killings.