What are you drinking?

And how about getting some of these fellas to enhance the taste ...

Kopi-luwak-cluwak4.jpg

A few years ago, I bought 100 gram of kopi-luwak coffee. It was very mild AND expensive. But I lacked the musky and full taste of hard roasted coffee.

I think I'm using a West Bend 1500W Hot air Poppery Popcorn popper. I stripped it down and added an extension on the top. I also disabled the thermal cutout, and wired the heating element to a separate plug than the fan is connected to so I can control the heating element output and keep the fan on high speed.

When you roast coffee beans, heat may be kills moulds, but toxins they already released are still there... As well as pesticides and herbicides...

Beans do hit 400+ F or so, so I'm sure a very, very large percentage of pesticides/toxins will be denatured. I haven't run across any studies that actually give the mass-spec results of green and roasted coffee. I did just skim over lunch a few abstracts of papers that were methods papers for doing just that, though (so studies looking at residues probably exist!).

Beans do hit 400+ F or so, so I'm sure a very, very large percentage of pesticides/toxins will be denatured. I haven't run across any studies that actually give the mass-spec results of green and roasted coffee. I did just skim over lunch a few abstracts of papers that were methods papers for doing just that, though (so they probably exist!).

Yes, my wife is learning functional medicine now, and one lecture was about coffee and toxins in it... Scary!

She buys only from Bulletproof website now.

What is Cabin Fever???!!!! An American asks a Swede .....;)

Cerealisly, it's maple flavoured whisky, made in USA. It's one of our favorite drinks as it isn't too sweet or "intrusive" as many other flavoured whisky use to be.
It has been hard to find nowadays and I had to visit a few liquor shops in Chicago before I could grab the last bottle in one of them. There are however other brands that, I guess, are very similar and drinkable too.
BINNY's maple spirits

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2014-07-01-at-10.38.13-PM.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2014-07-01-at-10.38.13-PM.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 126