What are you drinking?

A humble but tasty French table wine, L'Authentique from Trader Joe's. Part of it went into me, a glug or two into the pork chops simmered in salsa that I had for Christmas dinner. I made a lot, so it's a gift that will keep on giving for the next few days. With the pork chops were TJ's basmati rice (lovely stuff - you want it cooking for its aroma alone) and steamed green beans. A simple but hearty bachelor repast.

Reading matter - the first novel of Walter Jon William's "Dread Empire's Fall" triad. Gaius Marius meets Horatio Hornblower in space...

Last edited:
I gave my 1963 cask of Oloroso (20L) to my daughter. It was a gift to my mother when we were in Constantina Spain while my dad was in the USAF. I really miss it. I found Taylor Dry Sherry an acceptable substitute for Oloroso, but one has to limit the turn over.

Amontillado has a much lighter nutty flavor from my limited experience.

Opened upon the occasion of the return of son and daughter-in-law:

Attachments

• IMG_1065.JPG
    IMG_1065.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 96
Decisions, decisions ...
I'd gripe about the family thinking I had a problem, but I guess they know me better than I do myself
and it is my birthday this week

Must be an iOS thing, that photo inversion - as Cal can confirm, i don't usually feel that way after the first four fingers :cheers:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    602.6 KB · Views: 77
Decisions, decisions ...
I'd gripe about the family thinking I had a problem, but I guess they know me better than I do myself

Must be an iOS thing, that photo inversion - as Cal can confirm, i don't usually feel that way after the first four fingers :cheers:

Years ago Maker Mark simply had a gold capsule version, I see now they have more trendy premium bottlings.

Decisions, decisions ...

I love the WR Double Oaked. Very good for drinking neat. Visited a couple distilleries yesterday, plan to hit up a couple more before I leave the area.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

I wish I weren't drinking anything. I just spilled coke all over my mechanical keys. Luckily it was diet coke. Doesn't stick. But some keys were shorting out and the whole think would've exploded or something if I didn't take it apart.

Oh and, the keyboard is a 250 dollar keyboard. No way I'm buying a new one soon.
While opening it up I ripped a cable so now I have to live without the side lighting, because my soldering iron is broken. I might get a new one tomorrow. They're like €7 for a good one over here.
smh