What are you drinking?

Just enjoyed a few different ales at one of the local pubs, Vermont Pub and Brewery. The first two were Magnum P.A., a Pale Ale using Magnum, Citra and Cascade hops. I'm not much of a hop fan, but this is a nice blend. Then I had a Tulach Leis, funny thing, a Celtic name, but it's a Belgian style sour. Good beer, but after the P.A. it tastes a lot like SweetTarts Candy.

Now that I am home, I'm enjoying a Sandeman's Porto.

Peace,

Dave

And tonight I indulge myself in a couple of bottle of St. Pauli Girl, then follow that with a collaboration between Green Flash, Pizza Port Carsbad and Stone Brewing; the Highway 78 Scotch Ale. The h'way 78 is quite a pleasant Scotch Ale. To those who like the style, HIGHLY recommended. After that, a glass of Sandemans again (the last of it). And now an oversize of Baren Jager (please pardon the lack of Ummlats).

Peace,

Dave

Hmm.........:D..............it's great , as long as we are having fun !

We'll have to stop when we can't recognise what we are drinking ...or hearing......I'm assuming that music plays a large part in these festivities.;)

Sometimes, yes, other times, the indulgence is a solitary thing. I find that if I do too many things I enjoy passionately at once, I lose the real excitement of all of them. So I try to temper each, and blend properly!:)

Peace and enjoy,

Dave

Finished the Glenlivet 15 and 18 year old before dinner, then 3 bottles of chardonnay with dinner (stuffed roast pork loin, red potatoes, spinach sauteed with garlic, and cardamom-pear cake with fresh whipped cream for dessert) then we broke out the port...

And your hangover is finally gone today :)

Been mostly sparkling water for me lately, gave up the sauce for lent, but thinking about treating myself to a bottle of Glenmorangie 18 after easter.

I'm not a "beer snob", nor a fruit-in-my-beer type, but I tried Shiner Ruby Redbird last night. The grapefruit flavor and ginger actually matches and balances well with the hops. I was pleasantly surprised. Shiner Ruby Redbird is the new limited edition summer brew from Jimmy Mauric and the Spoetzl Brewery.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
At this very moment? Well, that would be some Big House Red box wine from California. Used to buy bottles but this is the new economy where frugality is the new "hip". Drinking threads on various discussion boards can be entertaining or depressing depending on your point of view. Mine is steadfastly cheerful.............Skoal!!!!!!!