What are you drinking?

...Love the Highland Scotch whiskies.

Yeah, me too. Great choice. Weather is getting pretty nippy at night, so something to look forward to tonight while I listen to the new speaks I just finished.

For now it's Los Gatos Roasting Co.'s Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Light French Roast to wake up. I've really come to love my new Aero Press. I've dialed in the process so it tastes as good as my Olympia Cremina lever pull, only more consistent and much easier to clean up. It really surprised me!

Evan Williams 100 proof (white label) is a real "bottled in bond" bourbon, so it actually has some integrity and character. It has to follow the rules of bonded bourbon, so all of it is from the same season and is at least 4 years old. So, it's not a single barrel bourbon, but it is also not blended with all sorts of whiskey of a wide age range to tune the mixture to a specific profile - it's from the same basic "season" that went into the warehouse, and it all came out four years later.

It's an "honest" bourbon that has a flavor that is not constant over time, but which is the result of that season, the aging, the wood, and all of the other intangibles. I'm not a fan of extra-aged Heaven Hill products, so four years is not a drawback for me - four years is plenty enough aging for a "young" bourbon.

I live in Boston and it's hard to find EWBIB up there, but I travel south, and it's not so tough to find it in the VA state stores for example, at some really nice prices for what the whiskey is. Splurge for the $15.99 750ml bottle and enjoy it!

Cheers!

In other news:
Just made my first real playlist on this new new fangled Spotify thingy. Christmas music. Jazz, blues, trap, electro, ska/reggae +++ fast & slow.

Attachments

• IMG_20201212_171906_925.jpg
    IMG_20201212_171906_925.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 118
Joined 2011
Paid Member
Cheers!

In other news:
Just made my first real playlist on this new new fangled Spotify thingy. Christmas music. Jazz, blues, trap, electro, ska/reggae +++ fast & slow.

I'm no expert, but if you can figure out how to share the playlist I'd love to cue it up!

I think if you make it "public" and then just tell us the name of it we can find it.

Copper King Absinthe Alambic Blanche.

A bit of a disappointment. It has an off aftertaste that I find hard to describe.

Sweet with lots of Anethol from the anise. Nice cloud with fragrant spices. Lacking in the flowery aroma of secondary herbs as typical in a Vert (Artamesia Pontica, Melissa, Mint, Peppermint, etc) as this is a Blanche.

I think I prefer Lucid at the same price point.

Not in the same league as PF 1901, Nouvelle-Orléans, Jade VS 1898, etc which are about twice as expensive.

None the less, I would recommend it to someone wishing to try Absinthe without going overboard if it were available.

Skip the Czech dreck.

Czech Absinthe | Absinthes.com

Attachments

• DSCN3422.jpg
    DSCN3422.jpg
    513.4 KB · Views: 147
Jackinnj,

Glad I didn't have a mouth full when I read that.

Magnesium Citrate has little effect on me. It is the 36 hour liquid diet and 1 gallon prep the next night that is less than comfortable.

Ooooo. I haven't had Bombay Sapphire in a coon's age. I really should buy another bottle.