What amp for Frugel Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Jeff:

My dreams often exceed the possibilities of known reality. I have been listening to a 7/8 built F4 and everything else has fallen of the table for now. I really do want to build a Baby Huey but..........for now a mate for the F4 is my new target.
The 24 volt 6gm8 aikido has real good potential. It may even go in the same box

Nuff said for now

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: SY's pre Amp

SCD said:
Hello folks:
Is there a link to a thread on this now famous and sought after design.
I am having trouble finding any info on it.

I am interested

No article of thread exists... you might see this one in aXp but i'm not sure what SY has planned.

Note that this pre is balanced out to driver Variac's balanced in F4 (i don't know enuff about F4 to say whether that is a special case or not -- i know from the picsthey are monsters)

dave

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Has Hiragas "Le´Monstre" been mentioned ?

I did build a clone of Hiragas "Classe A" 20watt many years ago, and allthough I at the time had grown out of backloaded horns messing with fullange ribbons, I have no doubt that it would excell at this ... and "LeMonstre" is said to be even better and considering that batteries and monster caps are not really needed I suppose with proper output devices it should present no problem to double its output to about 15watt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.