What amp can I construct with KU606 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Actually, those TIP41C dies look pretty normal to me. Similar to some Fairchilds that I've used in the past. You don't need the full 65 watt power capability anyway to drive 3055's off of 42 volts. If they don't leak at 80 volts and are good for maybe 10W dissipation you're golden. TO-126 cased devices will work well - including MJE340/350, but those are highly likely to be faked because they're supposed to be high voltage and low Cob, and thus, desirable. BD139/140 work fine at this power level if you can get them and not get bit (there's not as much design margin with those).

As to what circuit to use? Rod Elliot's P3A, with the output converted over to QC ought to be easy enough to do. That will be pretty much like the stuff I used to build in high school. Want to drive loads less than 4 ohms? Just double up on the outputs.

Thanks, wg_ski. I think I'm going to try the Quasi Nmos200 amp, TO-220 version converted for bipolar output (baxandall diode instead of R21), and use four of those TIP's for output devices - 2 per rail. :D

It will be much easier, instead of fighting the TO-3's. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.