were do i find some nice spikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris8,
Since when is experience irrelevant?
Since when is anything audio objective?
Why do you think that it should be?

It's been a long time since I've seen someone so stubborn.

Just try an experiment for yourself.
If you can't hear the effects of the tapping or shaking, oh well. But please stop trying to tell someone who can hear that they cannot.

Some hear and some do not. Listen and let listen.

And, yes, bias works both ways. If you do not want to hear, you simply will not.

I'd have hoped that a moderator would show more maturity.

-Dan

Disabled Account
Joined 2001
"Since when is experience irrelevant?"

When it is not the subject.

"Since when is anything audio objective?"

Since always. Objective data collection/analysis is the only way to determine small differences. IF their is a different audible signature of situation b vs. situation c, then it will be easy to identify in a controlled blind test? No? Stating their is a differnce, and claiming as fact, without performing controlled tests that takes bias and all other possible variables out of the equation is ignorance. The main use for subjective data analysis is in premliminary design or concept, then to confirm this data at a later point before publication/implimentation.

"But please stop trying to tell someone who can hear that they cannot."

I do not tell people what they can or can not hear. BUt when they make claims of audiblity of somthing never proven/shown to do so without any supporting evidence/data , and then state as common fact......that is the problem. At this point, pure here say. Speculation. Not fair to label as fact. Label as opinion or idea, that is correct.

"I'd have hoped that a moderator would show more maturity."

I have to agree that it seems inappropriate for me to reply, since I am a moderator, but I would not be accused of this if I were not a moderator. I will not cease participating as a member, simply because I am a moderator. It seems to be popular opinion that moderators should not engage in controversial matters.

I did not lock this thread previously, becuase I am a participant and I did not wish to blamed for doing so out of self interests. However, this no longer seems to matter and I am being blamed because I am a moderator anyways. So I'll be the bad guy. Be it as it may. This thread is now locked, in order to stop this polluting of the loudspeaker forum from me(chris8), mrfeedback, and whoever else is participating. I will take it as a valuable lesson.

-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.