Welcome to Upgrade Island!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does that mean we have to leave the island ?

Tribal council is tonight, and someone will be voted off the island....click

No, there is a guy down in a hole and he is turning this big wheel, and the island will move.....click

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale,
A tale of a fateful trip......click

No, wait, which channel am I on......Where is my remote.....click......

now back to our regular scheduled forum......

Glowbug said:

Workin' on it...:D

Tonight is Glenlivet, standard 12y/o.

Yes!

Best. Scotch. Ever.

Here, have a bottle.

theglenlivet12box.jpg

Edit: Apparent picture fail.

It's excellent to be sure, but....

It's sort of a "definitive" scotch. By that I mean it's exactly what one thinks of when one thinks "good scotch". But to me, it's lacking character and personality. Excellent to be sure, but give me a MacCallan 12 or a Glenmorangie or Aberlour, something with some personality!

But none of that is to detract from it. All-Rounders deserve lots of credit- it's not a lack of skill that leads to a good balance.

**Badman taps his watch and looks at Jason**

Get to it slacker!

MellowTone said:

Yes!

Best. Scotch. Ever.

Here, have a bottle.

theglenlivet12box.jpg

Edit: Apparent picture fail.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Re: It's excellent to be sure, but....

badman said:
It's sort of a "definitive" scotch. By that I mean it's exactly what one thinks of when one thinks "good scotch". But to me, it's lacking character and personality. Excellent to be sure, but give me a MacCallan 12 or a Glenmorangie or Aberlour, something with some personality!

Yes, good, but sort of a lowest you want to go... anything less and Crown Royal is a better Scotch and it isn't even Scotch.

dave

hmmm.
Glenlivet is a Scotch producing area, like Bordeaux or Burgundy. There are many Glenlivets.

I assume we're talking about Smith's Glenlivet, which is a very good example and one of my staples.

sorry to be a pedant here but we're talking about something very dear to my heart.

edit: I must correct myself. Glenlivet is part of the Speyside whiskey domain.

Glowbug said:

I've been getting into the Islays lately...big fan of Laphroaig now. Have to try Ardbeg next - working on getting a new job, first :smash:

THE Islay malt is The Bruichladdich. Not as heavy as Laphroaig or Ardbeg. If you get a very good job go for a 1964!!!! Not the most expensive by far .... but I won't be buying it.;)

w00t!

jackinnj said:
I'm sorry, it's "Black Bush" for me.

Better than many Islay mass produced malts - by far! As I am from Southern Ireland and live in Scotland I am quite ambivalent about the whole matter. I drink Glenmorangie in Scotland and Irish whiskey elsewhere. It saves some problems!!
:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.