Weiliang DAC9 with AK4399

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally bought the dual AK4399 DAC with an r-core transformer from minishow at ebay. He has answered all my questions promptly and I'm very confident about the purchase. I hope to receive the package soon, he provided me with a tracking number, very convenient.

I'm also interested in the dual AK4399 implementation.
Let us know how you like the DAC. Any comments on parts quality will be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3313.jpg
    IMG_3313.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 647
Hi,

The 1st driver he gave was V1.61 later he gave me after I requested it, V2.1, I believe the Xmos from DIYinHK which I own one has the latest driver, V2.19, this version will not work on Weiliang's Xmos.
Try getting V2.1 from Minishow, if you can't contact me I will forward it to you.

Hello ,now have V2.19, newest, can works on Win8.1
you can ask minishow0328 for it

Hallo
I allready got DAC 9! It runs great on the coaxial output of my Denon DCD 1560 :D happy!
This may be a smal problem for You. - The cm 6631A module is new. What way round does it fit in to the "motherboard"(DAC 9) ? I am 60 now and got bad eyes :eek:
Thank You!
Gabrie
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=410831&stc=1&d=1396795878

This o. k. ?

Hello, DAC9 needs 10 pins USB module,
and they are different direction
Chip of CM6631A on the module need to face to chip AK4399, your picture is correct.

but if you upgrade to XMOS in the future, chip XMOS on the module need to face to usb socket on the dac9

hope can help you

I like the burson's in my dac5, along with an LM49729HA in the servo, but the opa627 weren't too bad at all in the I/V section either. That one was a suggestion from another member here as well.

You might go search out the dac5 thread for that one, although I think they look to be very similar, as I'm sure you've noticed. The dac5 has to have been the most overlooked of all the Weiliang dacs IMO.

The driver issue is more of a cultural issue regarding intelectual property, also helps to prevent what happened to me when I purchased a copied Weiliang usb board from an auction site a while back.

Last edited:
When I bought those a year ago, I was willing to believe the same as you have claimed.
What I received was from the same vendor as the dac if I recall, and sounded way better than any of the others I had rolled. There was a quick ohms test that passed as well.
But yeah, good luck, you'll need it trying to get legit parts from random sellers. I would be a bit nervous at the thought of finding more of those.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.