Wayne Kerr 7010 LCR Analyzer manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello:

I have an opportunity to pick up a Wayne Kerr 7010 High Speed LCR Analyzer and it is mysteriously one of their models for which there is little information online.

Their website has a request form for downloading manuals or purchasing hardcopies, but they say they have no manual for it (came out in 1989). They sent me a file with accuracy & precision specs, but was all they had.

Is anyone familiar with it, or have a suggestion for a manual source?

I have spent quite a bit of time searching with no luck.

It's got some nice specs, but I can't even determine all its features.

Thank you

Murray

Thank you for the reply!

I decided to back away because of the level of secrecy surrounding the 7010 and someone else bought it. Very odd W-K had only a 9-page file of specs. No reason for discarding manual PDF. They offer PDF scans of manuals and have many older ones.

I wonder if it was a joint effort like Fluke/Philips and others...not entirely their IP to distribute or care about.

I realized I haven't needed it as much as I wanted it. Would have been nice but I will some day look for a more common solution.

I for now am matching capacitors with an inexpensive C meter that has enough digits but unknown accuracy/precision.

I have bags of ‘identical’ parts (same brand & date silvered mica & polystyrene),mark them with permanent marker or specimen numbers on tape, let the meter warm up, log the specimen number and ‘measurement’ in a notebook, sort the data in Excel, bin the ones that have same ‘value’ then find someone local with better instrumentation to sanity-check the matching parts with a ‘credible’ measurements.

Some upcoming filter projects looming

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.