• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

Stupid me painted some Aquaplas on the 475 just to see if that could improve its performance... It did in the distortion test, but the top end collapses. In addition it slightly worsens the time domain performance above 8kHz. Ok that was 100 USD out the window :D

Attachments

• FR Radian 475PB + SEOS15 with Aquaplas.png
    FR Radian 475PB + SEOS15 with Aquaplas.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 893
  • Distortion Radian 475PB + SEOS15 with Aquaplas and large back chamber.png
    Distortion Radian 475PB + SEOS15 with Aquaplas and large back chamber.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 883
SEOS 24 is ready with throat angle 14deg, waiting for TAD 4001, Radian 950/951 and 18sound ND4015BE, NSD1480N, ND2060A angles.

What's the low frequency cutoff for this 24" version of SEOS? I think I might like to do a build with a 1.4"-1.5" exit CD using those Truextant Be diaphragms and dual AE TD15-S woofers running sealed in parallel for a 4 ohm load and increased efficiency up underneath it... I did some measurements and they'd fit perfect in one of my rooms if I keep them to about 33 inches wide or so... I really like the look of the TAD monitor design linked above... I think it would look good in my room :) I want to get the crossover down fairly low though so the side by side woofers won't be an issue...

you say it is for the Radian 950 CD but say it is a 1.4-1.5" throat waveguide.... isn't the Radian 950 a 2" throat? How does that work as my noob brain is having difficulty? some sort of adapter??

I'll contact Erich to see what it will run to get a pair of them made and sent over here to the USA to play with... I've got a ton of the plastic 12 inch versions to use up in other designs... but the more I research this, the more I think the above design would be more to my liking for two channel music listening.....

Is the 18sound ND4015BE actually available for sale right now? Their website has it listed as "preview"..... Vendors in the USA? I guess I could try to contact the USA distributor to see... I did some searching though and it doesn't show up so far for me.... trying to get an idea of price for a pair.

I've yet to find the Radian 951 anywhere online to even see it let alone find a vendor that sells it... Behringer Electric as in BEHRINGER: Home ????

Sorry to be difficult and uninformed.

4371 accelerometer fastened to OS-12 (beginning of roundover) and poured SEOS-12, 1.5volt sine sweep stimulus applied to DE500. Signal conditioned in 2639 chargeamp (acceleration with wide band setting).

jzagaja -

How would you evaluate, or place a verdict(pro's/con's) on these (material-resonance characteristics?) measurements between OS-12 and SEOS-12 with DE500?