• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

I would say that this piece is better it therms I point in the previous post?
but You could save some space putting the different angle from bigger verticall
horn, that will allow the central horn to be attached directly, without the connecting part
or connecting part will be little bit more hidden from the front view.
If the dominant shape is elipsoidal, like central driver horn has,
maybe is good let the bass horn to have a little more of that shape?
if it is not complicated too much to do itin practice...
somehow i knew that it is some educated designer not to have notion about the total outfit of the stereolay example.:)
but it could be corrected not a big deal.
Somehow we are forgetting the fact that when we going in the court we ultimately consult professional, not standing alone. Or when we going to the dentist?
Imagine what could be happened that we ask wife or doughtier to repair our tooth?
(Ex wife will probably take out few more then asked...):(
cheers

Hand made by my friend with Festool tools. Interchangeable front plate, configuration: Radian 950 and Beyma 15B100R-GH.

Attachments

• IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 760
hi jzagaja, could you please tell me about the 2" iwata-300 with 1.4" optional reduction? Is the reduction a separate add on piece for the 2" horn? I have'nt decided which driver to use, but if I ordered the 2" iwata with optional reduction, I was hoping I could experiment with both voice coil sizes. Thanks.

-Nate

Hello everyone,

These SEOS looks impressive, I hope it sounds great too !

I would like to know if the SEOS 12 is/would be available in solid surface (resin) ?

The SEOS 15 seems to be the only horn in the SEOS range to be available in this form but I don't need to cross much lower so the SEOS 12 is perfect for me and the directivity seems a "bit" more wider/better controled than the SEOS 15.

Thanks in advance for your answers and returns of experinces,
Stephane.

Both SEOS-12 and SEOS-15 are available in resin (solid surface). They are heavier and cheaper.

Thank you !

Is there any difference sound wise between the fiberglass version and the resin version ?

Instinctively I'll say that the resin horn is "better" because more mass=better dampening=less resonances, but with a well made and well calculated horn it should be negligible.