• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Let us know what you find. It's definitely looking the same or cheaper to ship straight from autotech.pl to Australia ... I've queried some pricing from them. If they go close enough to the GB pricing, then I looks pretty sure that Aussies should just order direct.
Just following up, Dave. I haven't been able to find the information that I was looking for just yet. My focus is on other things right now so it's looking like I might chase this later.

Typical driver and driver optimized for waveguides.

Attachments

• D800_MOD.gif
    D800_MOD.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 756
So how do i get a pair of Carbon fibre JMLC 350's to Australia?

After speaking with them a bit, the best option for Aussies is probably just to order direct and pay shipping. The prices on offer are as far as I can see the same as the 'group-buy' prices. Shipping worked out to be about $100 AUD (which is about the same as shipping for the group-buy, via USA would have been).

Yeah, Replacement cost is $500 or more, I have checked out the sources. I have been reading about the JBL diaphragm upgrades that exist online too. Never had much luck on Craigslist but I search ebay weekly for deals.

Once Im done with the 2-way larger horn design I will consider a 3-way and figure away to blend a very small horn/CD into the design (Not easily done without looking ugly). Remember though the BMS 4590 is a coax design so it has the Full 400Hz to 20KHz performance package in it. Im just not sure yet it matches the TAD but Im still figuring things out.

Doug - how would you compare the BMS 4590 to the TAD 4001 in the same setup? I have the 4590s and the 4001s are on the way.

I've been considering a JBL 2235 vented box underneath. It's used in the JBL 4333b and others for this purpose.