• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

are the SEOS-15 or SEOS-18 designs part of the group buy?

Yes, all of them can be ordered right now, including the SEOS-12.

Below is the price list they sent me. Some things decreased since the last group buy, some things increased.

They do have more standard colors now. I'll get a list of those posted later, but off the top of my head: red, blue, black, white, dark green, cream, and I think 2 more.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Ed, it's more like a granite finish.

Close up photo here:

http://www.diysoundgroup.com/images/large/Optional_Finish_OS_12.jpg

I still have those at my shop if you're interested. I have to look back because Autotech already had those made and offered them to me for the price of standard white if memory serves me correct.

The 2nd pallet is almost filled. If anyone wants something, please let me know very soon.

IWATA 300s

Well,

Thanks to Erich and his group buy I have a pair of IWATA 300s. Having a free afternoon I hastily pieced together a system to listen to them. In this case I matched a stock JBL cinema bottom sporting a JBL 2035h driver to a IWATAs bolted to a pair of JBL 2446H compression drivers. The diaphragms in those drivers are not JBL. They are an unmarked 3rd party aluminum product. In any case here is what they look like.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

IWATA 300s

I used an AP20 to create a 24dB per octave crossover at 550Hz and then Dirac Live to flatten out the room response. The top PIC shows the 'averaged in room response' before and after Dirac Live was applied. The bottom PIC shows the measured impulse before and after Dirac Live was applied. Altho a super tweeter could be easily justified, the end result is very listenable. I really, really like they way the IWATAs sound. There is no honk or harshness whatsoever. Even tho I am applying aggressive EQ in to upper most bands the IWATA/ JBL combo is not at all tiring on the ears.

The IWATA 300s are keepers! I wholeheartedly recommend them. My next purchase will be a pair of Truextent Berylium diaphragms and see if I can smooth out the jaggies above 8kHz.

Here is a shot from the front.

Those look GREAT!!!!

So I guess everything arrived in good shape on the pallet?

I have a pair of those JBL mounting brackets and the compression drivers as well. Maybe someone could use them like you did.

I love the way those look, good job!

Thanks to you Erich!

I really appreciate your hard work organizing and servicing a group buy. I am really happy with the results from the IWATAs for what was an afternoon of pulling together goodies from my stash. I am looking forward to experimenting with the SEOS-15s that you are organizing for now.

If anyone is interested that is a JBL 2509A bracket that Erich is talking about. It works especially well in this application.

I used an AP20 to create a 24dB per octave crossover at 550Hz and then Dirac Live to flatten out the room response. The top PIC shows the 'averaged in room response' before and after Dirac Live was applied. The bottom PIC shows the measured impulse before and after Dirac Live was applied. Altho a super tweeter could be easily justified, the end result is very listenable. I really, really like they way the IWATAs sound. There is no honk or harshness whatsoever. Even tho I am applying aggressive EQ in to upper most bands the IWATA/ JBL combo is not at all tiring on the ears.

The IWATA 300s are keepers! I wholeheartedly recommend them. My next purchase will be a pair of Truextent Berylium diaphragms and see if I can smooth out the jaggies above 8kHz.

Very, very good stuff there!!

I hope to have my IWATAs tested this week and I will post the HOLM measurements too.

Biradials go into production this week. If you have any suggestion let me know.

Attachments

• Biradial.jpg
    Biradial.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 598
I have the TAD TD-4001s connected. I will post pictures of my temp build soon (Im using twin sealed TD12S boxes as the bass bin for it).

I will get some measurements but after 30 minutes just using ARTA pink noise and tinkering with MiniDSP on the fly changes I have what I describe has my best sounding horn yet....TAD is definitely not a Pro audio CD in any way....smooth!! I only have one speaker but I decide to play my favorite rock playlist. I then plugged in my current QSC + BMS 4550 + TD15M and subjectively it was not even close. Im getting excited about having a stereo listening session with better XOs (better delay, gain settings, etc) but work and family will delay my next step.