• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Waveguides and horns

They're hoping to get me the information tomorrow about which drivers they like to go with each model. They also have custom drivers and he said the pricing was pretty good.

They can offer DIY kits that come with the 2-way crossover.

He did say he prefers "BMS drivers 4538, 4544, 4550, 4590, 4592, 4594"

Any more info on the custom drivers and crossovers? I'm on the list for the OS 12. Would I just use the same drivers as Geddes? What's exit angle and CD mounting system? I'd like the get the CD with the highest freq. extension. What's the best woofer option?

Thanks,

Roy

Any more info on the custom drivers and crossovers? I'm on the list for the OS 12. Would I just use the same drivers as Geddes? What's exit angle and CD mounting system? I'd like the get the CD with the highest freq. extension. What's the best woofer option?

Thanks,

Roy

Beyma cp385nd + AE Speakers TD12M would be the best CD/woofer combo based on measured performance. Brandon/Augerpro over on HTguide.com would have XO information for that combo but the Vertical CTC might be difference on his box design because he used the QSC HPR152i waveguide to build the XO.

GAMT90 measured (they don't rely on OS profile)

Attachments

• IMG_3963.jpg
    IMG_3963.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 648
  • IMG_3965.jpg
    IMG_3965.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 645
  • GAMT90.png
    GAMT90.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
GAMT90 measured (they don't rely on OS profile)

That looks interesting! Looks like you don't need a large waveguide. Just set it on top of the woofer box and connect with a crossover. Of course, I'm still mostly ignorant of speaker/driver design. I got into this quickly and have to study much more to get up to speed.

Would I better off with this or the 12" OSWG? Dipole too?:confused: Hmmm...
It seems that this would be very easy to implement.

-Roy

here is my project of midbass horn, combined hedlund and labhorn idea with over 3,5 m long horn, should go down to 40Hz and what's more important to me will cover 40Hz up to 400 Hz, where JMLC 200 with BMS 4590 will take over. Thank you Jacek Zagaja for inspiration and meritorical help. The horn is curently in production (carpentery) in 2 weeks time should have some pictures and measurements

Attachments

• Mid bass horn 1.jpg
    Mid bass horn 1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 551
  • Mid bass horn 2.jpg
    Mid bass horn 2.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 532
  • 2011-02-08 11.17.11.jpg
    2011-02-08 11.17.11.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 549
Last edited: