Want to slave a CD Player to your DAC ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

I'm also still awake :rolleyes:

Was having a better look at the datasheet (which i should have done earlier instead of just assuming things as in post 18 and 19) and i was getting there on my own..

Ok, so this thing is the master for the player and you don't have to do anything to the xtal. So no cd's at warp speed if the dac is not switched on as the player would then run on the xtal.

Well, then i agree it is easier to slave these players than a "normal" player which would require some extra effort to avoid them running without a clock. And the clock signal has half the frequency (if divided in the dac) on the interface.

"Yamaha players CDX-9X0/11X0/5000 and all others that have the YM3613"

Looking at the datasheet, it seems it can sync to WCI with the VCO. So it could be that the setup of a player is different and that the 3613 is not the master. So i'm not shure it applies to all players with this chip (if there are other players).

Bedtime

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.