W5-1611sa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey.

Not much happening here, just thought I would add my short experience with the W5-1611SA.
Sounds pretty good in voight pipe, rising response on higher frequencies is interesting, not too much or wrong, just interesting. Not superawesomefantasticmegafabulousperformance but decent for the money. I would assume the ferrite version sounds slightly better, maybe I will buy it in a few months or so if my curiosity takes over.

I really like the W4-655SH, I had the W5-1880 but sold them again sounds ok, and other people like it, just not me, W4-655H sounds very nice to me in 12mm ply cabinets tuned low. Even though they have a rapid drop over 10k i never mentioned it to people visiting, they just sat there and enjoyed, which is rare. If you want value for money I would recommend W4-655SH over both W5-1880 and W5-1611SA. But it may be that my ears are wrong, I finally got an appointment at the ear doctor, right ear distorting heavily, I just plug it and use my left one :p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.