W06M – Bridge Rectifier, equivalent substitute

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It should be okay, but I think your analysis is slightly flawed.
What you need to watch for is both AC and DC sides of the diode. For example, when a filter cap is charged to +17V, that voltage is seen on one side (the cathode) of the rectifier diode. When that end of the transformer secondary is at the peak of the negative waveform, the diode sees -17V at that other side (the anode). So the diode sees a PIV of 34V.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Yes sir but just saw that could be replace with the NTE5305 and Multicomp MCAM156 didn't see any of the diode name you know the hole 1N4XXX. And that was my question can I replaces the w06m with four the diodes.

Yes, you can replace with four diodes but 1N400x series are not suitable. There are literally dozens of 600v 1.5 amp or higher bridge rectifiers available.

Last edited:
Yes, you can replace with four diodes but 1N400x series are not suitable. There are literally dozens of 600v 1.5 amp or higher bridge rectifiers available.

Ok well thank you I guess I have to buy the w06m but I was asking since I had some diode and my locate tech store dont have them or I have to buy them and pay s&h witch didn't want to or ebay but wait for three weeks since is coming over seas. Thanks again.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Well... it depends how its used. Its a 1.5 amp part and the IN400x are 1 amp max.

If your application doesn't need that current rating then you could use something else. It might use the W06M because its a small package and that is about as small current wise as encapsulated bridge rectifiers get.

There are countless diodes that should be available off the shelf to replace this whether separate diodes or complete packages. You shouldn't have to order it specially.

What is it used in ?

Well... it depends how its used. Its a 1.5 amp part and the IN400x are 1 amp max.

If your application doesn't need that current rating then you could use something else. It might use the W06M because its a small package and that is about as small current wise as encapsulated bridge rectifiers get.

There are countless diodes that should be available off the shelf to replace this whether separate diodes or complete packages. You shouldn't have to order it specially.

What is it used in ?

Well its a headphone amp I'm trying to make it would be power by a small 9V transformer that I salvage from a computer speakers.

You can use 1N400x diodes. The markings on the W06M correspond to the markings in the schematic below.

Attachments

• bridge.png
    bridge.png
    4 KB · Views: 55
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.