VSSA Through-Hole Version by Jason

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
I'm just trying to learn here gentlemen - can we keep the snipes and snarky comments out of the discussion? Let's keep to the subject at hand.

LazyCat, since you bring up the fact that neither the two transistor CCS or LED-transistor CCS is good enough - it would be good for you to tell us what you would use. If you won't or can't then then Jason K's comment that we won't get anything useful from you is probably true. In which case - it comes back to promotion of your commercial product.

Tacodude review on the first one.
The Sound is clean,detailed and dynamic. That language represents about 70% of all the amp reviews on diy. Then I read the other review, after taco dude. It was the same kind of review. In other words It's a nice sounding amp. I'll say this, maybe in Slovenia it's customery to derail threads, to discredit what you deem as the opposition aka competitor. But really your just shilling your $80 pcb. In fact I don't see anything any special nor am I blown away by your first one. However im sure it's a nice sounding amp.
So do your self a favor, this kind of rhetoric by insulting members, will guarantee the mods to take action. I've seen it done before with much less than what your doing.
You are completely wrong here, you don't know anything about the First One schematic, especially not about First One v1.4, count the parts on PCB and you'll see you are very badly informed. Listen to the First One amp or ask honest people who has one what's their opinion, it certainly blows away all amps you've ever owned. And finally please show some respect and don't talk to me in third person.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Lazy Cat,
Of course, intend it to explain through the debate, if interest still exist.
I think we can all do without the drama. You would be far better off explaining it in clear language. If your intent is to use it as a carrot, I'm pretty sure we can all do without that little stage show. Besides, the natural flow of a debate is for each side to present their ideas clearly, then defend them. A debate isn't a side show where only one "side" shows their cards.

You should also come to grips with the fact that almost every method of generating a stable current has been done. Methods that aren't popular are unpopular for a reason. Either too expensive or poor performance are generally the reasons.

Another thing to come to terms with. As soon as you sell the first example using this "technology", consider the secret is out. So either keep it a secret by not selling any, or explain the concept. The real debate that follows is where you might actually learn something.

Current sources? I use all kinds depending on the situation and requirements. I'm fairly certain that your fellow posters here also do the same thing. So your audience isn't dumb, not by a long shot.

-Chris

Hallo.
With my knowledge, is it right the 2200µ are part of Feedback?
The quality has influence in sound?- quality of low end frequency?

In my recent experiments with this cap it was clear that a low ESR cap is the best thing for the purpose. SMPS grade caps work superb here, and they cost about 1/10th of the golden caps. And there is no lack of bass response if you keep the value above 1000uF. Just use caps from a well regarded brand and all will be well.

There are however fakes, which can induce horrible mutations in the amp's characteristic, from which only some luck and experience can save it.

:2c:

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
In my recent experiments with this cap it was clear that a low ESR cap is the best thing for the purpose. SMPS grade caps work superb here, and they cost about 1/10th of the golden caps. And there is no lack of bass response if you keep the value above 1000uF. Just use caps from a well regarded brand and all will be well.

There are however fakes, which can induce horrible mutations in the amp's characteristic, from which only some luck and experience can save it.

:2c:

Can you suggest a particular brand and part number?

I have used OSCON (Polymer) caps here for their low ESR with good results. They are hard to get in large 1000uF size though.
Has anyone tried this?

KEMET KOCAP Polymer Capacitors have become the go-to capacitance solution for applications seeking low ESR, high capacitance, long life, small case size, low profile and high ripple handling. The use of a solid electrolytic capacitor in combination with a conductive polymer cathode yields the most energy dense capacitance solution available in the world with the lowest possible ESR.

http://hu.mouser.com/new/Kemet-Electronics/kemet-kocap-capacitors/

Attachments

• T598_DSL.JPG
    T598_DSL.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 414
Last edited:
In my recent experiments with this cap it was clear that a low ESR cap is the best th

Hallo Shaan.

Thank you for good information, i see it waked up other members here to give information about his own used caps.

I think i test also the idea with parrallel MKS/MKP/FKP 2,2µ foil cap.
With bass response- digikey FG- i am satisfied.

Your PiCiBi 1.0- OlafK named his boards (size 50x50mm) are in progress to assemble with parts- i have Mouser Nichicon KA 2200/10V in position.
So i will later comparing it to Jasons CCS and yours without them. :p

Mr. Pass is using Elnas SilmicII for input with good results too.
I only(first time) i have tested a electrolytic low esr on input is the FX8- with
parr old WIMA FKC 10n- now: MKP/FKP- works with surprising good result, not expected.

:cheers: Bangla.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.